Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: My journey for the perfect sectional!

AZJoe Guest

Default Re: My journey for the perfect sectional!

2 questions..

1. This one is kind of "out there" but is it possible to get the sundance to sit like the journey with the finished back and sides of the sundance? I am just curious what modifications that would take? I am probably dreaming here, but just was curious if that was even possible.lol

2. Do you think the 072 ottoman would go well with the sundance, or would the 069 be a better fit? I might actually add this depending on price. I was thinking a two tone, with the same color as the sofa being on top, and a darker on the bottom.

Hoping to have my order in by tonight or tomorrow. I almost in a moment of weakness(maybe impatience) decided to just say "the hell with it" and go for the Capri. lol But I think we have settled on Garfield.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 03-21-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaonline View Post
    Okay... you made me do this... (remember, I suck as a photographer)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000003.JPG 
Views:	321 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	2253

That's an '06 330Ci with Performance Package in Imola Red.
    Bought it last April... currently has 49K miles..
    That's a great looking E46 ! I think Imola Red is the BEST color on a BMW coupe, by far. Those have good, strong engines. Cooling system and front control arms are about the only things those cars require at 90K to 100K miles. (Cooling system is made of recyclable plastics and unfortunately they begin to recycle before you're ready for them to)
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

That S2000 will seem like a Cadillac next to that Lotus ... lol

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    I haven't done any, although I will likely do some soon.. The car handles amazing, and is a blast to drive. The CR has a lot of suspension, and bracing upgrades over the standard S2k.

I agree on the 1 series /m. I would personally just get the standard sport, and modify it myself.. You can get a ton of power out of those things, with basic bolt ons, and there is some really nice coil-overs available for it. I was right about to pull the trigger on one, before I got this car, but these things are super limited production, and I had never had a 2 seater, roadster, so I figured next time I would go with the 1.

Awesome collection you have there, it looks like you have all your bases covered..

The gt3 rs is such an awesome car. It is really one of my dream cars as well, along with a TT 911. I am not sure I will ever own one, but damn if I don't try..lol

I also wouldn't mind one of these..

Nice!
    Duane Collie

No, that's not going to happen (# 1) the design dynamics are too far apart. It would be like a new model piece to design and build, the price tag would be pretty stiff to do something like that, though it could be done if your checkbook was beefy enough!

I'd be inclined to go with the 072 model, 37" square of those two. The 069 is pretty large and might be overwhelming. Look at the photos here, this one is relatively small, the 079 Ottoman and I think it fits the Sundance sectional very well in size and proportion (45" x 27"):

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...Kipling-Cognac

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    2 questions..

1. This one is kind of "out there" but is it possible to get the sundance to sit like the journey with the finished back and sides of the sundance? I am just curious what modifications that would take? I am probably dreaming here, but just was curious if that was even possible.lol

2. Do you think the 072 ottoman would go well with the sundance, or would the 069 be a better fit? I might actually add this depending on price. I was thinking a two tone, with the same color as the sofa being on top, and a darker on the bottom.

Hoping to have my order in by tonight or tomorrow. I almost in a moment of weakness(maybe impatience) decided to just say "the hell with it" and go for the Capri. lol But I think we have settled on Garfield.
    Duane Collie

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    No, that's not going to happen (# 1) the design dynamics are too far apart. It would be like a new model piece to design and build, the price tag would be pretty stiff to do something like that, though it could be done if your checkbook was beefy enough!

I'd be inclined to go with the 072 model, 37" square of those two. The 069 is pretty large and might be overwhelming. Look at the photos here, this one is relatively small, the 079 Ottoman and I think it fits the Sundance sectional very well in size and proportion (45" x 27"):

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...Kipling-Cognac
    Got ya. I wonder if we will see more finished backs in the future.

It seems like the journey with a finished back, may be the ultimate sectional

The Sundance has been very well received and that means units are selling. H&M has been very pleased how many Sundances are ordered, so I suspect we will see more details on the sides and backs of other pieces as a result. We'll find on in three weeks....April Market is coming and there surely will be a bevy of new pieces.
    Duane Collie

bubbaonline Guest

That's a great looking E46 ! I think Imola Red is the BEST color on a BMW coupe, by far. Those have good, strong engines. Cooling system and front control arms are about the only things those cars require at 90K to 100K miles. (Cooling system is made of recyclable plastics and unfortunately they begin to recycle before you're ready for them to)
    Yeah... this is our 3rd E46, but the other two were for the wife (slushbox), and this will be the first one we've had that will go over 50K...

I've got CPO and extended maintenance until July, 2012.... It's my main commuter.... a lot more fun than Subaru or Honda, which I've driven for the last 12 years...

AZJoe Guest

The Sundance has been very well received and that means units are selling. H&M has been very pleased how many Sundances are ordered, so I suspect we will see more details on the sides and backs of other pieces as a result. We'll find on in three weeks....April Market is coming and there surely will be a bevy of new pieces.
    ahh don't even tell me that.lol I think the sundance will do ok.
    Yeah... this is our 3rd E46, but the other two were for the wife (slushbox), and this will be the first one we've had that will go over 50K...

I've got CPO and extended maintenance until July, 2012.... It's my main commuter.... a lot more fun than Subaru or Honda, which I've driven for the last 12 years...
    Must have had the wrong subies.lol They can be extremely fun. My last one made around 600 hp at the wheels, so it is hard not to have a permanent smile while driving it. lol

AZJoe Guest

ahh don't even tell me that.lol I think the sundance will do ok.

Must have had the wrong subies.lol They can be extremely fun. My last one made around 600 hp at the wheels, so it is hard not to have a permanent smile while driving it. lol

AZJoe Guest

We are approaching the finish line! Now it is just down to the Nail heads.

It looks like on the Sundance(correct me if I am wrong), the lower nails are spaced out a bit, and the upper, and sides are close. I think I am going to leave this, as it is.

Now it comes down to which nails. I am debating R and S nails. I had a thought to do the bigger R's on the bottom where there is space, and the S on the tighter nail trim, but am unsure how that would look.. Do they match other then size?

It seems like most of the pics I find, are with smaller nails. I am having trouble seeing the R's on a piece. I do like the look of them on this sofa though.

The S nail is also pretty nice:

Are there two different nails on this Sundance?(A, and AA maybe?)

Any input would be much appreciated.