Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: My journey for the perfect sectional!

AZJoe Guest

Default Re: My journey for the perfect sectional!

Question Duane, I notice on H&M's site the sundance sofa is 24" deep, where as the sectional is 19.5" deep, is this correct? This is seating depth, correct, or am I misunderstanding what this depth refers to?

Matthew Guest

The depth measurement on the sectional is at the shallowest spot (the wedge). That spot is 19.5", not the entirety of the seating area.

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    The depth measurement on the sectional is at the shallowest spot (the wedge). That spot is 19.5", not the entirety of the seating area.
    Ahh thanks.. So the outter most seats are 24", and it tapers towards the wedge.

AZJoe Guest

To anyone following my journey, I am thinking of adding one of these ottomans, and would appreciate any opinions on the subject.

I am tossing around the idea of doing the ottoman in "Terra French Luggage burnished"(can be seen here http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...-Burnished-GR3)

Any feelings on how that would look with he Garfield Fawn Sundance? I wanted something to break up all the brown, and give some color, and excitement. Any other suggestions will be considered.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-01-2011 at 11:01 PM.

organic_smallhome Guest

I can't help with the leather combination question, but both ottomans are gorgeous. I really love that second ottoman--love the storage drawers and the feet--unusual. But the ottomans are so different in style. The first is bulky, solid, with a "masculine" feel. When I look at it, I imagine it in a study or library, with navy blue walls lined with bookcases. The other seems more "feminine." Sorry for the gender stereotypes--but I can't think of another way to describe the difference. What kind of style are you going for?

AZJoe Guest

Thanks for the input. I honestly think both could work in my living room. As for style, I am not sure what exactly it is I am going for..lol

AZJoe Guest

Ok, I am thinking of getting this ottoman instead.

I am thinking of adding "nail head trim" to it. I did a few quick renditions of it. The nail would be the "S" or "R" nail both which will be on the sectional. I would just need to decide if I would prefer a larger, or smaller nail. This is pictured with more of an R nail size. Any thoughts?

Nails at the base, spaced 1" if you go with the large, or if you do the smaller # 9 you can do them head-to-head.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

mfabian Guest

I am having a devil of a time making a final decision on ONE Sectional so I am the last person to ask for advice but I have to say I will be majorly disappointed if you don't post at least a few pics of your final purchases!

M

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Nails at the base, spaced 1" if you go with the large, or if you do the smaller # 9 you can do them head-to-head.
    Something like this?

Would you tend to go with the larger, spaced nails? I kind of think it looks less busy like that, and since the sundance has the 1" spaced large nails on the bottom it may tie in.

Quote Originally Posted by mfabian View Post
    I am having a devil of a time making a final decision on ONE Sectional so I am the last person to ask for advice but I have to say I will be majorly disappointed if you don't post at least a few pics of your final purchases!

M
    Oh I will for sure. Thanks for following along, and good luck with your sectional. What are you leaning towards?