Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: My journey for the perfect sectional!

Default Re: My journey for the perfect sectional!

Yes, that's it exactly. I like the larger, spaced nails with a burnished leather myself. Know what else I would do? Get the welt trim in the middle and base in Garfield Fawn or even a darker hide for some contrast 'pop'.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Yes, that's it exactly. I like the larger, spaced nails with a burnished leather myself. Know what else I would do? Get the welt trim in the middle and base in Garfield Fawn or even a darker hide for some contrast 'pop'.
    Any pic of what welt trim is exactly? I like where you are going with that contrast though

mfabian Guest

I am going to get the BY #654 from Duane.. I have a small space and not only is it compact but I like the style more than a no. of the sectionals I had been considering. I would like to get an H&M ottoman but seeing all the available choices you are going through is really making my head spin

M

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mfabian View Post
    I am going to get the BY #654 from Duane.. I have a small space and not only is it compact but I like the style more than a no. of the sectionals I had been considering. I would like to get an H&M ottoman but seeing all the available choices you are going through is really making my head spin

M
    Nice. That is a really nice sectional.

The choices are really making my head spin as well, but we are getting very close to the finish line. From here on out it will be nothing more then a waiting game.

My CFA already showed up, and has been approved, so now it is just a matter of ironing out the ottoman, and that is it.

Now I just wish pillows weren't 200+ a piece..lol

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Any pic of what welt trim is exactly? I like where you are going with that contrast though
    Take a look at this sofa in burnished leather, this is what I mean. Its very subtle, but also makes a handsome mild custom treatment.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...-Burnished-GR3
    Duane Collie

If you do leather pillows, keep in mind that leather-on-leather slides....what I like to do with them is to cover suede on the backside because it will NOT slide, and then the leather on the front side. That suede side is oh-so-soft to take a nap on, too.
    Duane Collie

Duane recommended the suede/leather pillows for my sofa and I am so glad. He also selected the coordinating suede to go with my Imperial Whiskey Burnished and they coordinate perfectly. Leather pillow against sofa leather indeed slides too much.

If you do leather pillows, keep in mind that leather-on-leather slides....what I like to do with them is to cover suede on the backside because it will NOT slide, and then the leather on the front side. That suede side is oh-so-soft to take a nap on, too.

Monique Guest

AZ Joe,

I'm getting in late on your ottoman choice but wanted to tell you about an ottoman I saw today on our Hancock and Moore tour! Saw a gorgeous ottoman covered in a very heavy upholstery weight fabric. The pattern would hide almost any dirt/stain. It would be great to break up all the leather in a room. Loved it! The style of the ottoman was more like the second one you asked about. It would work well if there are not a patterned rug.

M

AZJoe Guest

Take a look at this sofa in burnished leather, this is what I mean. Its very subtle, but also makes a handsome mild custom treatment.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...-Burnished-GR3
    Ok, got ya.

Are you suggesting the welt trim here? Would it also go vertically in the corners, or just like i have it? Any cost to this or gr3 to gr3 is the same? I do like the look of that Serengeti Dusk Burnished on the Terra French

Thanks for the tip? Pillows are in the $200 range correct? I think I would need 4 minimum... Also which hides are suede? Sorry for my ignorance, I am not sure how to tell..lol

Quote Originally Posted by juliepooch View Post
    Duane recommended the suede/leather pillows for my sofa and I am so glad. He also selected the coordinating suede to go with my Imperial Whiskey Burnished and they coordinate perfectly. Leather pillow against sofa leather indeed slides too much.
    Do you have any pics? I would love to see them. You don't see a lot of photos of pillows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    AZ Joe,

I'm getting in late on your ottoman choice but wanted to tell you about an ottoman I saw today on our Hancock and Moore tour! Saw a gorgeous ottoman covered in a very heavy upholstery weight fabric. The pattern would hide almost any dirt/stain. It would be great to break up all the leather in a room. Loved it! The style of the ottoman was more like the second one you asked about. It would work well if there are not a patterned rug.

M
    Thanks! I am going to do the ottoman in that hide Duane posted above, it should really break up the look of all the leather, even though it is leather(if that makes sense)..lol I would love to see what fabric you are talking about though.

Thanks
    Dave-
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-14-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Monique Guest

AZJoe,
    Sorry I didn't take a camera and didn't get the name of the fabric. It was as thick as that heavy tapestry upholstery fabric you can get. I've used fabric like that for pillows to break up leather on sofas too and it holds up well.
    Can't wait to see the photos of your new things. The table and chairs are beautiful. The chairs are similar to our kitchen table chairs...very comfy with the vertical slats instead of horizontal.
    M