Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: My journey for the perfect sectional!

Default Re: My journey for the perfect sectional!

These pictures were taken the day my sofa was delivered and the pillows don't show up well. The suede side is a slightly lighter color than the sofa. I not only like the contrast of the suede/leather, but also the texture change. My sofa is 91" long and 2 (18" x 18") pillows is sufficient. I can take more pics if you'd like.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ght=juliepooch

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

Do you have any pics? I would love to see them. You don't see a lot of photos of pillows.

Thanks
    Dave-

AZJoe Guest

Last edited by AZJoe; 04-14-2011 at 10:55 PM.

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    AZJoe,
    Sorry I didn't take a camera and didn't get the name of the fabric. It was as thick as that heavy tapestry upholstery fabric you can get. I've used fabric like that for pillows to break up leather on sofas too and it holds up well.
    Can't wait to see the photos of your new things. The table and chairs are beautiful. The chairs are similar to our kitchen table chairs...very comfy with the vertical slats instead of horizontal.
    M
    Maybe Duane knows.

The table and sofa should show up close to the same time. I guess I am getting old being I am excited about furniture.lol

Oh no...I would have no idea! Almost certainly done for a customer as a special order, with a high probability the fabric was a COM custom.

Hey, getting good furniture IS fun. Buying utility grade stuff - not so much.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

AZJoe Guest

Any thoughts on this Duane? I want to try and iron this out, and get the ottoman ordered tomorrow, if possible..
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Ok, got ya.

Are you suggesting the welt trim here? Would it also go vertically in the corners, or just like i have it? Any cost to this or gr3 to gr3 is the same? I do like the look of that Serengeti Dusk Burnished on the Terra French

Thanks for the tip? Pillows are in the $200 range correct? I think I would need 4 minimum... Also which hides are suede? Sorry for my ignorance, I am not sure how to tell..lol

There are two suedes in the H&M lineup, Sonoma (GR 3) and Nabuck (GR 4). Sonoma is rougher textured whereas Nabuck is a super-plush, super-soft. There are also two new suedes introduced at Market that are wiry, long-fiber suedes in the 'Luca' series.

Pricing is per pair, and will vary based on grades and sizes, but you're not far off. With sectionals, most folks get three pillows.

Yes, that the area in red for the contrasting welt trim. No extra charge if you stay in the same leather grade (or less), but even if you opt for a GR 5 on the welt, there is so little used that the upcharge is nominal.
    Duane Collie

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    There are two suedes in the H&M lineup, Sonoma (GR 3) and Nabuck (GR 4). Sonoma is rougher textured whereas Nabuck is a super-plush, super-soft. There are also two new suedes introduced at Market that are wiry, long-fiber suedes in the 'Luca' series.

Pricing is per pair, and will vary based on grades and sizes, but you're not far off. With sectionals, most folks get three pillows.

Yes, that the area in red for the contrasting welt trim. No extra charge if you stay in the same leather grade (or less), but even if you opt for a GR 5 on the welt, there is so little used that the upcharge is nominal.
    Ok.. I had a few min to do an actual rendition..lol What is your opinion duane? Garfield fawn, or maybe a burnished hide or some sort? Is that Serengeti Dusk Burnished a gr5?

Pillows may be an option, I might have my pool table sold..LOL Do you think matching the pillows to the ottoman on one side, and suede on the back would be a bad idea?

How about you just give me a sales job, and pay me in H&M pieces..lol

I like it. Since the whole sectional is Garfield Fawn, I'd go with a different hide altogether myself. That French Luggage Burnished would look pretty good (GR3). The Serengeti is a 5, but we can get a break on pricing if just used for welt trim.

You're on track with the pillows, that's exactly what I would do. If you do a contrast welt on the ottoman, carry that contrast welt to the pillows as well.

Want a job here? You got it....I'll move to Arizona and retire....lol.....ride around on my motorcycle and in the convertible.
    Duane Collie

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I like it. Since the whole sectional is Garfield Fawn, I'd go with a different hide altogether myself. That French Luggage Burnished would look pretty good (GR3). The Serengeti is a 5, but we can get a break on pricing if just used for welt trim.

You're on track with the pillows, that's exactly what I would do. If you do a contrast welt on the ottoman, carry that contrast welt to the pillows as well.

Want a job here? You got it....I'll move to Arizona and retire....lol.....ride around on my motorcycle and in the convertible.
    I am set on Terra French for the Ottoman, just need to pick the trim. I am thinking Garfield fawn.

As for the pillows Terra French on one side, but what color suede? Would I do a brown similar to Garfield or something different like cream, or red.

I love it out here.lol I had the S2k out today,and it was a blast.

How about Sonoma Chestnut for the suede side? Should match nicely with the two leathers....
    Duane Collie