Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bought a new table and chairs..

Default Re: Bought a new table and chairs..

It's easy to do....

After you are done typing your post, place the cursor on the line below the last bit of text. That will make your photos go to the bottom of the post. I recommend resizing all photos to appx 6" by 4" and setting the DPI resolution to 120. That makes them clear and sharp, and the file size manageable. All done typing? Then do this before you hit the POST REPLY button:

1) click on 'GO ADVANCED' on the lower right corner

2) scroll until you see "MANAGE ATTACHEMENTS" and click that.

3) A pop up window opens. Click the green "ADD FILES +" button on the top right corner. Point to your files and upload them. Do no more than (5) per reply post

4) Click on SELECT FILES under the open box and that will transfer the photos, then click on UPLOAD FILES and they will appear in a lower box. From there you can sort them in the order you want them to appear.

5) Once done click on INSERT INLINE and they will be put into where ever you left the cursor in your text box. Then click DONE and POST REPLY.

That's all there is to it. If you want to play with them a little more, a yellow 'pencil' will appear on the uploaded files and if you mouse over the pencil it will bring up a box allowing you to set them has thumbnail, Small, Medium or Large photos. That's how they will display in your post. I typically use either the thumbnail or Medium on mine.

Note, if you get a red "X" during the upload sequence on a file, that means its corrupt or too large. Downsize the photo if needed. Also note that if you are bringing in photos on a Mac, you MUST have the .jpeg extension in the file name or the file will be rejected.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

bubbaonline Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000053.JPG 
Views:	355 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	2229Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000057.JPG 
Views:	364 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	2230Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000054.JPG 
Views:	341 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	2232Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000056.JPG 
Views:	331 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	2233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000058.JPG 
Views:	339 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	2231Okay, here goes...

bubbaonline Guest

Got close... thanks for the tutorial...

I had already uploaded them to an album... so, I did the drag and drop..

Thought I had the cursor below my post, but it put them above it... I'm getting the hang of it, though..

Thanks!

Your table looks good. Though the chairs on mine are different style the table you selected is similar to the table we got (Canadel). we went for the bow/boat shape, even the legs look similar though I think the ones on mine are a bit thicker looking at least near the foor. I'll have to post pictures one of these days.

organic_smallhome Guest

Beautiful table and chairs, Bubba! I live just an hour or so from Winchendon, MA--where that line of furniture is (was?) made. Looks super in the room, although I do agree with you about the rug. Don't know what kind of rug you have in mind, but I've gotten great deals on Karastan rugs on ebay.

bubbaonline Guest

Actually, the dealer we bought that from carries Canadel, as well... and, had the Canadel version of that tabletop... That's what sold us on the shape! We like it even more, now that we have it..

bubbaonline Guest

Quote Originally Posted by organic_smallhome View Post
    Beautiful table and chairs, Bubba! I live just an hour or so from Winchendon, MA--where that line of furniture is (was?) made. Looks super in the room, although I do agree with you about the rug. Don't know what kind of rug you have in mind, but I've gotten great deals on Karastan rugs on ebay.
    I think Nichols and Stone went under in 2008, was revived, then went under again in 2009 or 2010...

Stickley bought their intellectual property... I'm pretty sure all that is manufactured at a Stickley factory in New York, now.

We have a 6' X 9' Karastan rug in our great room, now... in front of the sofa... About 10+ years old... still looks great.. That will definitely be an option.. We are looking for some sort of oriental-style rug in wool.. Instead of our Lowe's special..lol.

The reason I was stuck on Nichols and Stone is the comfort of the chairs... deeply sculpted, wide seats.. (that, and quality materials/construction)... That set is all birch.

regards,

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaonline View Post
    Actually, the dealer we bought that from carries Canadel, as well... and, had the Canadel version of that tabletop... That's what sold us on the shape! We like it even more, now that we have it..
    Yes the shape of the tabletop the bow/boat just stood out to us when looking. The dealer we looked at had Nichols and Stone I believe and also Saloom but most of their floor space was devoted to Canadel. If memory serves me the N&S stuff was a bit out of our budget and we found the Canadel chairs to be the most comfortable of any we tried.

Much of Stickley's wood product line has shifted to Vietnam for production, though I do not know which of their lines that includes....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

bubbaonline Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Much of Stickley's wood product line has shifted to Vietnam for production, though I do not know which of their lines that includes....
    I mentioned that to our salesperson.. just in passing.. She seemed disturbed by that...

The day after I ordered, she called my wife at home to tell her she checked on it, and our stuff was made in NY.. She is pretty old school, and I didn't really care, either way, but there you have it.. Of course, partial construction could take place anywhere, ahead of time... but, we picked style, distress level and stain/finish..

Ordered on January 31st, arrived at the store on March 8th... just 36 days.