I have been looking for a sofa that is similar in style to the Lancaster Sofa sold by Restoration Hardware but do not want to be swayed by the fancy name of RH and pay a premium for that brand.

I have seen close comparisons in terms of style at least in some online companies such as leathergroups.com and cascobay furniture. A few others have styles that could resemble the Lancaster but just not quite there.

I have some questions in no particular order of importance (or maybe they need to be and I, a novice to this whole leather buying experience, could be naive to what I am getting myself into)

1- How critical is a 8 way coil versus a spring suspension? Leathergroups' Langston sofa has responded saying that they would do either at no additional charge but my understanding is that the 8 way coil is a lot more laborious and costly.

2- According to Leathergroup's website, the frame is a "Solid, kiln-dried Hardwood frame with Corner Block Re-inforcements". Is that the standard? I understand that a lot of companies use plywood vs hardwood to minimize costs as well. How could I really gauge what wood is used in the frame being that this is an online purchase? Do I just have to take their word for it?

This is a substantial expenditure so I'd like to make the most educated decision possible. Input would be greatly appreciated plus any experiences with these companies or others who carry the Lancaster version of a leather sofa.

Thanks!