Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Comfort

Gus Guest

Thanks for the input...do you find it sitting comfortable both upright and "feet up sideways with a book?" We are trying to give it a sit...but must wait to travel in order to do so. I have read that upright it is comfortable, but that leaning on the arm is not... And, there are apparently 2 sizes. We are looking at the smaller sofa the 9840.

barreja Guest

Default Re: Question about Comfort

New here -- so piggy backing into this thread as I haven't figure out how to start one. H&M fan. 6'4" 210. Getting a big sectional in a TV, lounging, pure comfort room. Down to 2 that I have not sat in and curious to pros cons/comparison:

Austin High Back - as it seems most similar to a pillow wing back H&M I have had for years and love
    Charter - because my wife likes the look of straight back over pillow

If you sell these, like a quote if you want in Class 2 leather. I don't have model in front of me -- but it is the LAQ and RAQ with three cushions plus the middle on each.

Jim

Mahogany Bob Guest

I recently ordered an Austin High Back from Duane, and I traveled far and wide to find one to sit in. It was heavenly! I loved the support of the bustle back and the higher back on it. I never sat in a Charter but the Austin High Back was hands down the winner over ANY other single back cushion I sat in. It was so much more supportive of the back and the height of the back helped. I'm 6' even so not a great comparison there so hopefully you can find one to sit in soon and see for yourself.

barreja,

The Austin High Back will blow away the Charter series on pure comfort to sit in - not even close. Use with a large ottoman that is around 18" in height and you have a winning combination. I don't quote prices on the forum at the request of Hancock & Moore but I'll PM them to you (Private Message).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Maxie-ann Guest

wow, without trying out the sofa its hard to tell what sofa would be comfortable and which would not. I just received the mini-catalog from Hancock and Moore and went on the site. I wish the dealer locally had more in the showroom. Anyone have the Parisian sofa?, if so any feedback would be appreciated. Of course DrCollie is right, each person is different what may be comfy to one person may not be to another.

The Parisian is one of my favorites. Its a very classy sofa, sits well for most. Not inexpensive, however.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.