Thread: Another Item For Which I'd Like Additional Information....

Selizzleshizzle Guest

Question Another Item For Which I'd Like Additional Information....

This set of scales (used by pharmacists, I believe) look old, but I have no way of telling how old they are or if they're worth anything. I also have old pharmaceutical printing plates (oodles and oodles of them), and the cabinet that they are kept in, but unfortunately, I don't have any photos of them at this time (they're in storage). Does anyone have any idea of the time period these scales may have originated and if they are worth anything? I'm going to try to get photos of the printing plates and cabinet soon, as well.

Thanks in advance for your help; it's greatly appreciated! Have a fantabulous day!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1134.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	179.6 KB 
ID:	2237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1135.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	2239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1136.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	2238

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: Another Item For Which I'd Like Additional Information....

A good place for you to post this question and photos is:

http://www.allexperts.com/browse.cgi?catLvl=3&catID=682

I've sent a question to a couple of experts on this site, and have received very informative answers.

Since this is a furniture forum, specifically, the statistical probability of any forum member being able to answer your questions is probably quite low--although you never know.

Selizzleshizzle Guest

Oh my goodness - I am so sorry! Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction! I was just posting away, different items on different forums, and I simply wasn't paying attention to what the heck I was doing. This site is wonderful, BTW; everyone is very helpful and so polite. I've utilized other forums where they are not very friendly or helpful at all, so finding this site was a breath of fresh air! :0)

I do have other items I need help with, so I guess I should know if I should post them on this site or not. Is the site strictly for large furniture, or is it okay to post in regards to smaller, "decorative" items, such as small statues, boxes, etc.?

Again, thank you so very much for your help and for the information on the other site! Have a wonderful night!

organic_smallhome Guest

You're so welcome! Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but I don't know of anyone here who is qualified to give expert advice on the value or identification of antique decorative items. I could be wrong, of course, I just haven't seen that advice given on this forum. If, on the other hand, you're looking for help and advice as to the quality or identification of a piece of furniture, there are lots of informed folks here who might be able to help you. Good luck!