Thread: Bradington Young 4242 Helmsley, with 9497-87-A Leather

Ornery Guest

Thumbs up Bradington Young 4242 Helmsley, with 9497-87-A Leather

First & foremost, a huge thank you to Duane for his help in closing this order.

Second, the chair is in place, and in my opinion, it's gorgeous. I'm including an image for anyone interested in this particular model or leather.

(Click for larger Image)

Color is exactly what I wanted. Has a little more "finish" on the leather than the sample seemed to, but I'm guessing that will make it more stain resistant, and that's a plus.

Only gripe is the height of the seat, which is 19". I sat on the chair in a local store, and failed to notice that. Otherwise, it's comfy and the mechanism moves like a swiss watch.

Thanks again to Duane, who went above and beyond. Already have at least one co-worker ready to discuss a purchase. He may even consider the Hancock & Moore selections, which must be Godly, if they're significantly superior to Bradington Young!

Default Re: Bradington Young 4242 Helmsley, with 9497-87-A Leather

Very nice chair, glad you like it!

AZJoe Guest

Congrats on the purchase, that is a beautiful chair.

Glad it finally got there! That was VERY frustrating.

Background story.....

In order to save on Delivery Service fees we used Valley Trucking, who say they will deliver in 1 to 3 weeks. They are less than Sun Delivery (To Ohio where this was going: Valley $ 140, Sun Delivery $ 188). I know Valley Trucking gets pieces to customers in good stead, but they can be VERY slow and inconsistent in delivery. But $ 48 savings is not bad if they take a week longer or so. Well, Valley picked this recliner up before Christmas and did not notify either myself as the seller or "Ornery" as the buyer that they didn't have any loads to Ohio. So it sat, and sat, and sat in their warehouse. January passed, then February. When I finally got wind of it that it had been at Valley for 8 weeks I was livid. And they STILL had no plans to run a truck to Ohio at the 8 week mark, and pretty much blew me off on the phone with a "we really don't care" attitude. That's ridiculous, Sun Delivery runs 2 weeks, sometimes 3 but never longer. We had Sun Delivery go into Valley to get the recliner and once they did they finally delivered it in a timely manner.

Valley Truck has now EARNED their spot on my 'do not use' list because of this situation. I can understand they can't run a truck to Ohio for a single recliner, but they sure as heck can pick up the phone and call someone to tell us that so alternate shipping arrangements can be made.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Oops!! Let's hope my daughter's order doesn't take as long to get to Richmond, VA by Valley Trucking. Almost a 3-week wait (since March 3) already.
    Last edited by juliepooch; 03-20-2011 at 07:19 PM.

organic_smallhome Guest

Gorgeous dog!!! Oh, and the chair is verynice, too.

Have they give you a delivery date yet? If not, I'll get on the phone with them.....

Quote Originally Posted by juliepooch View Post
    Oops!! Let's hope my daughter's order doesn't take as long to get to Richmond, VA by Valley Trucking. Almost a 3-week wait (since March 3) already.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Ornery Guest

Just got around to the rare cleaning my chair (gotta stay on that), and thought of Duane and this forum. Seems I only post on forums to get help, or complain. Well, that ain't right. I want to take this moment to thank Duane again and tell you all how much I still love my chair. If I could have talked my wife into a leather sofa, it would certainly have been purchased from The Keeping Room. I can't recommend Duane highly enough. God bless him!

You all enjoy the rest of your summer, but I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be than my recliner, out of that heat!