Thread: Microfibre 24/7...where to buy?

kjh9835 Guest

Default Microfibre 24/7...where to buy?

I read a few posts here about Microfibre 24/7 fabric. I then visited their website but could find no information on suppliers who carry this fabric or where to buy it from. I live in Indiana and there was a link to a custom furniture place in Ft. Wayne but I already have a leather couch that I want to have re-upholstered due to my two Boxers ruining the leather.

My original choice was to go with Crypton and I still might but only if I can't find swatches and prices for the 24/7.

Can anyone here direct me?

Thanks,
    kjh9835

Default Re: Microfibre 24/7...where to buy?

Hi kjh9835,

The 24/7 fabrics are manufactured by Microfibres, Inc. in Winston-Salem, NC. The fabric is sold primarily to the healthcare industry. I have been told by Microfibres that Simplicity Sofas in High Point, NC is the only residential furniture manufacturer who carries these fabrics. (Disclaimer - I am the owner of Simplicity Sofas.)

If you contact me through the Simplicity Sofas website I will be happy to send you free swatches of all 9 available colors. On the website these fabrics can be found in Grade 4 and are listed as "kid proof" fabrics.

Jeff Frank
    Simplicity Sofas

kjh9835 Guest

Thank you Jeff. I have ordered swatches for the colors I may be interested in.

kjh9835

lishaana Guest

I only found 1 or 2 places online that offer it to "regular" consumers (usually listed under contract fabrics)- The prices were the same as retail crypton. I ended up purchasing crypton fabric from Joanne's fabric during one of their 50% off sales and also used a 10% off coupon. Ended up costing about $17.00/yard. Much better than the $30+ /yard i was being quoted for the 24/7.

nancy

papasage Guest

you git a bargan at outlets but when you git someone to put it on the furniture you pay a cutting fee over the regular labor so the discount is nothing . labor is most of the cost of reupholstering . when shops sell fabric they make a markup to pay over head .

Quote Originally Posted by lishaana View Post
    I only found 1 or 2 places online that offer it to "regular" consumers (usually listed under contract fabrics)- The prices were the same as retail crypton. I ended up purchasing crypton fabric from Joanne's fabric during one of their 50% off sales and also used a 10% off coupon. Ended up costing about $17.00/yard. Much better than the $30+ /yard i was being quoted for the 24/7.
    nancy
    I don't know who quoted you $30/yd. for the 24/7 fabrics. A full markup retail price should be in the $18 - $20 price range.

papasage Guest

didn`t know there was a fabric for upholster less than $20.00 retail. all my books are more like $29.95 and up for a good fabric . could sell at cost but raise the labor price . that is why a upholstery shop can`t give a estimate with out knowing what fabric the customer will be using.i have a micro fiber fabric i would sell retail for $12.95 but i bought it frome a factory that had closed its buisness .
    when customer furnish their own material most shops charge a cutting fee over noemal labor . thaT is to pay over head expenses.some fabric takes longer to work with to match patterns . most new furniture is not matched like it should be .some not at all . that is why you don`t see that much furniture in stripe and plads in furniture stores that sell med. to lo cost furniture . most of that is custom covered and that is what a upholstery shop does CUSTOM.
    Last edited by papasage; 05-28-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by papasage View Post
    didn`t know there was a fabric for upholster less than $20.00 retail. all my books are more like $29.95 and up for a good fabric . could sell at cost but raise the labor price . that is why a upholstery shop can`t give a estimate with out knowing what fabric the customer will be using.i have a micro fiber fabric i would sell retail for $12.95 but i bought it frome a factory that had closed its buisness .
    when customer furnish their own material most shops charge a cutting fee over noemal labor . thaT is to pay over head expenses.some fabric takes longer to work with to match patterns . most new furniture is not matched like it should be .some not at all . that is why you don`t see that much furniture in stripe and plads in furniture stores that sell med. to lo cost furniture . most of that is custom covered and that is what a upholstery shop does CUSTOM.
    Retail prices for fabrics are crazy. About a year ago I needed a fabric for a customer that the mill could not deliver for at least 8 weeks. I asked whether they had any other customers who might have some excess fabric on hand they would sell. After checking all over the country the best deal I found was from a fabric retailer in Florida who gave me a discounted wholesale price of $18/yd. This was for a fabric that I paid $5/yd direct from the mill. I can't imagine what the price would have been if I wasn't getting the wholesaler's discount. I received quotes from other dealers ranging as high as $30/yd.

Jeff Frank
    Simplicity Sofas

papasage Guest

simpley jeff . yes there is several prices mfg. whosaler and the upholstery shop or retailstores .mfg. @ $5.00 you buy rolls also the whosalers buy rolls but have to wearhouse it and sell by the yardage and shops like mine buy cut yardage @$12.00 and up shops will double the fabric price or will have to up labor . it all comes out the same . we all have to live we don`t want to go home at the end of the day tired and hungry.