Thread: Chair to Go With City Sofa and Loveseat

SofaInSF Guest

Default Chair to Go With City Sofa and Loveseat

After mentally going back and forth between the H & M City and modified Evening sofas, I think we are going with the City (larger 9844) and loveseat. This decision is in part because I cannot find the Evening anywhere within 100 miles for a test drive. Also, I am afraid the size and look of the Evening set would overwhelm my living room.

The living room is approximately 13X19 and does not open up to another room. I am leaning heavily towards a oatmeal/beige color. I am not very adventurous with color and I also fear the beautiful medium to dark browns will be too heavy in this enclosed living room.

I would like to get a chair and small ottoman if it doesn't crowd the room. Any suggestions on something that would compliment the City set? Would the matching City Chair #9842 in the same leather (whatever color we decide on) be too much? A friend suggested getting the chair in a fabric cover to break up the leather a bit...

Thanks!!

Default Re: Chair to Go With City Sofa and Loveseat

There is no right or wrong on decorating, but I'd be inclined to get the City Chair and Ottoman to go with the sofa, myself. You can go with fabric, but I also think this is a good piece to put in a contrasting leather. Let's say you wanted to do the sofa in a oatmeal neutral color like Antelope Almond. I think the chair and ottoman in Antelope Nuggett would be terrific, with a rug that ties in the light and dark together. Then, you get a pair of dark brown pillows to put on the sofa (either fabric or a suede).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.