Thread: Flexsteel fabric sofa

howto123 Guest

Default Flexsteel fabric sofa

I am thinking of purchasing a flexsteel fabric sofa in a mid-range fabric. The price is about $1350. Does anyone have recommendations for other brands of sofas in this price range? (We are a family with teen children.) The up charge for doing this sofa, with a chair and ottoman in their kashmira fabric is about $425. Is any one familiar with kashmira and do you think it's worth the extra money?

Thank you very much for your help.

Default Re: Flexsteel fabric sofa

Flexsteel will give you a good, solid sofa for many years use. It's not a finely made piece, or particularly well-tailored - but they are strong and durable. $ 1,350 is priced right on it as well. As far as the Kashmira fabric, I have no experience with it but it sounds similar to a microfiber.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

howto123 Guest

Thank you for responding. Would you recommend any other sofa brands in this price range? The kashmira is their microfiber that is supposedly extremely easy to clean and is warranted for 5 years. If I did the sofa in Kashmira the cost would increase to about $1600.

I appreciate your help.

I'm fairly partial to the Taylor King Cozy Creations collection, I think they're a tremendous value, but they will stretch your budget a bit more but still come in under $ 2K. These have all top-of-the-line features such as Hardwood Frames (Flexsteel is plywood), eight way hand-tied coil springs (Flexsteel is a torsion spring system) and the tailoring is top notch, as are the cushion cores. I actually gave up my Flexsteel Dealership to make way for Taylor King (in a small store, one can only carry so many makers). These look far more expensive than they are.

http://www.taylorking.com/products.p...ochure1&m=12!0

I have this one in my store right now priced at $ 1,425 as an example - I'm actually surprised I still have it!

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...erth-Chocolate
    Duane Collie

howto123 Guest

That sofa and line do look interesting. Unfortunately, I live in NJ and am too far away to come to your store. It looks like all the stores in NJ that carry this manufacturer are designer stores and I really don't want to go that route. I hate to ask but do you know of any places in NJ/PA where I might actually see this line of sofas?

Thanks so much for all your help.

Good morning,

Misunderstood question---senior moment.
    Last edited by juliepooch; 03-26-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Do a search on "Smith Brothers of Berne" they make good quality furniture in Indiana. We have two pieces and love them, along with our Austin High back!. They do fabric and leather.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by howto123 View Post
    That sofa and line do look interesting. Unfortunately, I live in NJ and am too far away to come to your store. It looks like all the stores in NJ that carry this manufacturer are designer stores and I really don't want to go that route. I hate to ask but do you know of any places in NJ/PA where I might actually see this line of sofas?

Thanks so much for all your help.
    I do not. But Taylor King has a dealer listing on their website..be sure to call first to see if a store has floor models.
    Duane Collie

howto123 Guest

Thanks that is what I planned to do but I see the few stores that do carry the line are decorator stores. But I'll give it a try.

Thanks for your help.