Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you a leather snob?

Default Re: Are you a leather snob?

Sadly, my sister died in April 1979 of Hodgkin’s disease at the age of 38. However she, like Duane, became a fighter when she was diagnosed in September 1965. After all approved treatments ended in 1972, she volunteered to be a "test" patient for new protocols. At that time she was told that she had a 50/50 chance of living a year IF that particular treatment worked. It did and she went on to test other treatments as she went in and out of remission over the next 7 years. She came out of remission for the last time in June 1978. As sad as we still are, we take solace in knowing that her courage contributed to Hodgkin’s disease having an extremely high survival rate today.

People such as Duane, my sister and hundreds of others, give so much hope to those similarly afflicted. Thank you Duane.

I had to check this thread out, wondering if the subject matter would be along the lines of people who can't stand upholstered furniture and only buy/use leather furniture. I never would call someone a snob for having knowledge about product/service they are looking into and using that knowledge to decide on what works for them. I would consider myself a novice when it comes to furniture but with this forum I have gained enough knowledge to understand some of the things that make a good piece of furniture.

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Briant73 View Post
    I had to check this thread out, wondering if the subject matter would be along the lines of people who can't stand upholstered furniture and only buy/use leather furniture. I never would call someone a snob for having knowledge about product/service they are looking into and using that knowledge to decide on what works for them. I would consider myself a novice when it comes to furniture but with this forum I have gained enough knowledge to understand some of the things that make a good piece of furniture.
    lol.. I meant it in a term of endearment more so then derogatory. I just kind of jokingly refer to people of extreme knowledge, or spoiled by certain things, snobs. Like once you have been spoiled by good food, you may turn your nose up at McDonalds(like me..lol) It is not always related to price either, as there is amazing, inexpensive food(or cars, furniture, etc), it is more about being "in the know".

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    lol.. I meant it in a term of endearment more so then derogatory. I just kind of jokingly refer to people of extreme knowledge, or spoiled by certain things, snobs. Like once you have been spoiled by good food, you may turn your nose up at McDonalds(like me..lol) It is not always related to price either, as there is amazing, inexpensive food(or cars, furniture, etc), it is more about being "in the know".
    I figured you meant it that way, hence the smiley face. Having knowledge about something that helps you make an informed decision is always good and I feel doesn't make one snobbish in the least.

Recently I did some research on LCD TVs and it was funny some of the snobbish information compared to the good knowledge

To me a snobbish thing to say is Brand A is much better than brand b and c because they're crap. Research showed that Brand A actually used lcd panels from both brand B and C, the main difference is the electronics controlling the panel. So in reality the three brands were comparable in a lot of areas, with the best TV for the person would be more determined by their needs and wants.