Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H&M Settlement # 4192 Sofa/ # 4190 Chair/Ottoman in Dream Tobacco GR 2

Default H&M Settlement # 4192 Sofa/ # 4190 Chair/Ottoman in Dream Tobacco GR 2

What a monster. This is a seriously big sofa and chair/ottoman. 300lb in the box for the sofa alone. (Yes, we use a Sawzall to cut the corner lumber bracing)

This is a 'lay down' / snuggling/ pile-in sofa, with an inside depth of 29". Too deep to sit in for the average man without slouching. I had my two local delivery guys, Scott and Eric, model the sofa so you could see how deep it is. They are laughing in the one photo because their feet can't touch the floor and they felt like little boys in a grown-up's sofa. Scott (in the blue jacket) said this was the perfect sofa for him.

Name:  Settlementboxed.jpg
Views: 5532
Size:  164.5 KB
    Name:  Settlement sofa.jpg
Views: 8169
Size:  135.1 KB
    Name:  Settlementside.jpg
Views: 5626
Size:  134.6 KB
    Name:  Settlement8.jpg
Views: 7538
Size:  150.6 KB
    Name:  Settlementmodel.jpg
Views: 5611
Size:  149.9 KB

Surprisingly enough, the sofa was not that hard to deliver when the cushions are out, its can fit through a relatively narrow door frame. As you can see from the side photo, the back cushions themselves have the height, the frame is not that tall.

This is the first of the Dream leathers I've had come through the store. Typical uninspiring finished leather that's a bit over-processed like Document in my opinion. Good color hues, but I can't say I was wow'ed by it. I still come back to Aspen (Gr2) or Antelope (GR4) as the best of the finished hides in the current leather lineup.
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-27-2011 at 12:17 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: H&M Settlement # 4192 Sofa/ # 4190 Chair/Ottoman in Dream Tobacco GR 2

Name:  SettleChair1.jpg
Views: 5596
Size:  175.7 KB
    Name:  Settlement Ottoman.jpg
Views: 5414
Size:  138.1 KB
    Name:  Settlement sofa.jpg
Views: 5517
Size:  135.1 KB

More photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SettleSofa1.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	2265  
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-26-2011 at 05:42 PM.
    Duane Collie

pungelitta Guest

Default Re: H&M Settlement # 4192 Sofa/ # 4190 Chair/Ottoman in Dream Tobacco GR 2

Duane,

Can you PM me a price for the sofa, chair and ottoman in the leather shown and also the leather you suggested. Shipped to Bonita Springs, FL 34135.

Thanks.

H

telesis37 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pungelitta View Post
    Duane,

Can you PM me a price for the sofa, chair and ottoman in the leather shown and also the leather you suggested. Shipped to Bonita Springs, FL 34135.

Thanks. H

PM me the same please!

to 22546

MJM_CA Guest

Looks like the ridiculously deep Lancaster sofas from Restoration Hardware. However, this H&M probably has a much better frame and way better tailoring.

I don't understand why people like furniture that deep...but the deeper styles are quite popular.

They sell to:

1) newlyweds, who like to snuggle on the sofa

2) VERY tall men (6' 5" plus)

Really!
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    They sell to... newlyweds, who like to snuggle on the sofa
    And by the time they're grandparents, it's a pair of recliners?

aluebcke Guest

Hey Duane,
    How tall are the guys in the pictures?

My husband is 6'7" and I'm 6" tall.....we want a really comfortable sofa like the Restoration Hardware Lancaster....but definitely want the quality of H&M. We love the Settlement sofa but are concerned it may be too big.

Is there another sofa you'd recommend that's not quite as deep, but still large for our tall frames (and good for snuggling with the kids)? We'd prefer H&M, due to their reputation for quality....but we'd consider another company of equal quality (preferably made in the US).

Also, which leathers do you recommend for a family with two kids (8 and 10) and a small dog (shih tzu)? We have an open concept....great room connected to the kitchen. But, the kids are not allowed to eat or drink in the great room....although mom and dad sometimes do when the kids are in bed. The dog jumps on the couch occasionally...but doesn't sit there for long.

You've sent me prices for a few of the pieces under the Town & Country pricing....how much will that save me? I'm not too thrilled with the leather colors...but will consider if there is a significant savings.

One more question.....when is the best time to buy a H&M couch? We're not in a hurry since we haven't sat in any yet, and want to do so before buying.
    Thanks for your help!
    Amanda

I'd say they are both right around 5' 10" or so...perhaps 5' 11".

If your husband is 6' 7" and you are 6' 0", then THIS is your sofa! Probably one of the very few your husband would feel truly comfortable in.

I have leather descriptions on the forum in the LEATHER category..there are lots there. Depends on your budget and what you would like as it sounds like most any would work but the most fragile (Nubuck, Deerskin, Quintessence, etc)

Town and Country is very price friendly - but of course your choices are limited.

Best time to buy? Before the price increases! But since we just had one earlier this month - that window has closed. From time to time I offer a 5 % sale period on H&M (usually the month of August and February) for items not in the Town and Country program. If you're looking for pieces in time for football season, June/July is the time to order. Order that come in during August typically don't deliver until the Thanksgiving/Christmas time period.
    Duane Collie

homestay Guest

WOW! Gorgeous! I love ALL the Hancock and Moore pictures on your site... it's like a candy store!

Are you open this weekend, we might drive down there on Sunday 3rd.

Can you PM me a price on the sofa/chair/ottoman combo in leather shown?

We are looking for a very modern sectional (with a nicely-done back) for our family room - maybe in a creamy or lighter color - and a comfy yet stylish sofa (and maybe chair) for the living room - in a color similar to above.

This one above looks like it will hold up well with all the kids.

We're looking for around late Sept/early October delivery.

Thanks!
    Last edited by homestay; 07-02-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: formatting