Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re: Does anyone own the Reserve sofa?

Charvard Guest

Post Does anyone own the Reserse Sofa?

We've been looking at several H&m sofas & love the look & sizing of the Reserve sofa. I would love to hear from anyone who actually owns this sofa..what is thought of it, both good & bad. We would be purchasing it in leather. I should note that I am 5'3 & my husband 5'10 so we don't want anything too deep or tall. The Reserve seemed to have good dimensions to suit. Thanks!

Monique Guest

Default Re: Does anyone own the Reserve sofa?

I do not own the Reserve Sofa from H & M but my husband and I did try one out this past weekend at Duane's store. We thought from the measurements that it would be absolutely perfect for us. I am 5'5" and my husband is 5'9". We found the Reserve too deep for us and it leaned back too much. We tried the CIty Sofa which we had not even considered and it was perfect. We ordered it from Duane. We're adding nail heads to dress it up a little. The only other difference I noted was that the Reserve seemed a dressier sofa, or not as casual as the City. Hope this helps. I did sit on a Member Apartment sofa and the lines were similar to the Reserve and it was very comfortable for my size. Hope this helps!

Charvard Guest

Thanks Monique! We like the Reserve for the look..we wanted something dressier. I was looking at the Member & I like that too. So the Member sofa doesn't pitch back like the Reserve? Deceiving when just looking at pictures! I can't go to Duane's store, and nobody has the Member or Reserve for us to try out!!! Thanks again for your input..glad you found what the sofa for you!!!

Here's three photos I just took, trying to show the relative pitch angles of the backs of these sofas that I have on the floor:

The City sofa that Monique ordered
    The Reserve
    The Member

I tried to take all three shots from the same angle.

Name:  City.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  127.2 KB
    Name:  member.jpeg
Views: 870
Size:  133.9 KB
    Name:  Reserve.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  116.6 KB
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Monique Guest

We could not find the Reserve anywhere except at Duane's store. To tell you the truth, I wasn't really thinking about the pitch on the back of the Member sofa when I tried it. I just remembering sitting down in it and thinking that it would be an option for us as well. It was quite comfortable. My husband had settled on the City Sofa by then so I didn't even bring up the Member sofa.

I see something in the photos that I didn't notice in the store. The legs on the Member sofa in the store are different from the ones shown on the Member sofa on H & M's web-site. I like the ones Duane chose better. Something about those legs kept me from considering it when I saw it on the web-site. For me, I like these less decorative legs.

Duane, what is the leather on that Member sofa. It is very pretty. The nail trim along the back side is a nice finishing touch.

That's Document Latte on that Member sofa, and the trim on it is called 'gimp', which is nothing more than a leather border added. We can do that on any piece, though its standard on the Member series.
    Duane Collie

jriley Guest

Of the three, the Member is the only one that has "cut back" arms -- i.e., the fronts of the arms of the City and Reserve are pretty much straight up and down. The bottom edges of the ends of the Member are also curvy, raither than straight. To my mind, those features give it more of a "traditional," or "dressy," if you will, look, which would be even more so if it had the bun legs shown in the HM catelogue.

The one thing I REALLY don't like about the Reserve is the casters in front. I notice quite a few other HM pieces have them as well. Are people really that in to rolling around their furniture?

Charvard Guest

Duane..is it a big expense to change the legs on a sofa? I don't hate the casters but would probably order without if it wasn't a big charge to do so.

hglaber Guest

Actually I think Reserve comes in a both a wheel model (4153) and no wheel (5370) model if I read the H&M site correctly. If you like Atticus Cordovan you can even get a no-wheel Reserve at T&C pricing (assuming it's still in T&C after Spring Market next week).

Casters are mostly decorative, they really don't allow the sofa to 'roll around' because the back lets are firmly planted. Having said that, yes - we do lots of leg changes. There is almost always a charge to do so, but its not a steep charge. The trick is to pick another leg that's close to the original in height. You don't want to alter the height of the front legs as it changes the pitch of the piece.

Atticus is on the way out. Its still available right now, but its days are numbered.
    Duane Collie