Thread: Style Advice needed

tadav Guest

Default Style Advice needed

Hi
    First time here. I am looking for a couch that I can curl up on and be comfortable while watching TV and movies. I've sat in the Austin, but did not like how low the arms are. It was very comfortable. It is selling locally for $2999. I'm not sure if this is a good price or if this is the style I am looking for. I really like the look of the Gallagher, but did not see it locally. Does anyone have this style ? If so how would you rate the comfort? How much does this style sell for? Thanks

Default Re: Style Advise needed

Welcome!

There are various models of Austins and over 300 leathers to choose from, so without knowing more specifics its hard to advise you on value of one you've tried out. If's its an # 8134 Austin in the Married Covers (Document Chestnut or Cavalier Oxblood/Dark Blue) then the $ 2,999 price is nothing special and you don't need to rush to buy it. You can buy it all day long for that or long-distance order it for less.

The Gallagher series sofa has a carved wood frame and sits in line with the Evening/September/Clivedon series pieces. They are all good sellers and quite comfy but have a distinctly different 'sit' from an Austin. With the exposed wood frame the Gallagher series runs more into the $ 4K price points depending on cover selected.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

tadav Guest

Wow, Thanks so much , this is a great site will wonderful information. The sales person made it sounds like a really special deal, but I guess that's their job right? Just looking at the other styles you mentioned, very nice. Does your store have all the styles?

Well, it depends on the model and leather, like I said. If its in a GR 4 leather, then $ 2,999 is quite a deal!

Oh no, my store has about two dozen H&M frames on the floor at any given time. There are over 1,400....no store has them all. Right now I have in sofas (H&M):

8134 Austin Sofa
    9840 City Sofa (and loveseat)
    The Reserve Sofa
    Member Apartment Sofa

Next one due in for floor stock will be a Teton.
    Duane Collie

steveshapiro Guest

$2999 seems a bit pricey for a non-designer-label sofa, to be honest. I think if you look around at the more elite European brands you will find something even nicer for that price.

organic_smallhome Guest

Hancock & Moore is considered to be the finest made furniture in the U.S. $2999 seems to me to be a pretty good price. There's no comparable European brand that can be had for that price. And, anyway, I think folks are trying their best these days to buy American-made.

Name:  male29-male-theater-cinema-smiley-emoticon-000071-large.gif
Views: 394
Size:  6.8 KB Is this the preview?

Quote Originally Posted by steveshapiro View Post
    $2999 seems a bit pricey for a non-designer-label sofa, to be honest. I think if you look around at the more elite European brands you will find something even nicer for that price.
    Duane Collie

tadav Guest

Can you give some names of these elite European bands that can compare in quality and price to H&M? I love doing research before purchasing.