Thread: Another Satisfied Duane Customer

julian Guest

Thumbs up Another Satisfied Duane Customer

Just wanted to share my experience and add to the chorus of positive reviews of shopping at The Keeping Room. Today my wife, daughter, and I had the pleasure of dropping by Duane's shop as we are currently in the process of slowly upgrading our furniture from the Ashleys that we currently have to higher quality items that will hopefully last us a while. We decided to start out with something small and basic like a lounge chair and slowly add pieces, as our budget allows. We went to Duane's shop after we had browsed another local high end furniture store where we could not find anything that appealed to us, either due to the style or due to the condition in which they were maintained at the store.

Entering The Keeping Room was a completely opposite experience from the previous shop we had visited. The shop is beautifully laid out and one can easily see the pride the owner takes in his craft (of selling quality furniture). Duane recommended a few pieces for us to look at after I had explained to him what we were looking for. We then spent about half an hour checking out the various furniture in the store, and what a treat it was ! Duane was very patient in explaining the leathers and answering the various questions I had for him. We ended up coming home with a Hancock & Moore 8102 Richmond Chair. I never dreamed that I'd be buying a H&M. I was hoping to get a Southwood within my budget constraints. I had also assumed that the prices would really stretch our budget, regardless of what we purchased. However, with H&M's Town & Country/Married Cover program, the chair came well within the lower end of our budget. The chair also worked out perfectly in terms of our color and dimensions requirements. So the day ended up a pleasant surprise for us.

So, in short, we heartily recommend Duane's shop, The Keeping Room. You may also actually end up spending less here for furniture of awesome quality than you would pay for much lesser quality at another shop.

Thanks again Duane.

J

Default Re: Another Satisfied Duane Customer

J,

Thanks for the glowing review AND your business! You made an excellent buying decision with the Richmond Chair in Columbia Blackberry and it was a pleasure to meet your wife and daughter as well. Thanks for making the drive to my store as well, I know you had to pass several other furniture stores along the way.

I spent the whole day today at the High Point Market and looked at a lot of junk. A LOT. You made a good choice with H&M, I still think its the best in the industry and when you shop wisely (as you did) its not all that much more costly. It will give you many years of good, solid service and I appreciated your patronage.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.