Thread: Nichols and Stone

mikeSpeak Guest

Default Nichols and Stone

I saw an ad for a fairly nice Nichols and Stone Dinning room, and I am curious if anybody knows whats a fair price for this furniture. There is not that much price information out there.

bubbaonline Guest

Default Re: Nichols and Stone

I just bought a casual N&S set... 40 X 60 boat-top table with two leaves and four side chairs...

Around $1520 for the table and the chairs were $439 each...

No idea what retail is, but I'm thinking I paid about 65% of the listed retail price on the dealer sheet from N&S (not that it means anything... just a point of reference.)

mikeSpeak Guest

Thanks for your response.

Most stores in OK or TX dont carry Nichols and Stone furniture, they've refered me to more exclusive stores. Maybe this brand is more common in the North East. This set is avertised for $3500, and it seems that they have looked after it. From what I can tell, its seems to be good quality, and thats what got me interested.

Mikaela

bubbaonline Guest

N&S went bankrupt a couple of times in the last two years, and then Stickley bought their intellectual property.. It's now a division of Stickley..

IMHO, it's very high quality.... I think with tax, delivery and a 2% discount for paying cash, I was out about $3450... just four side chairs, though...

If you click on my member name, you might find the pictures I uploaded..

Monique Guest

I don't know about Nichols and Stone quality now but we looked at it about 7 years ago. If I recall correctly it was made in VA. It was very high quality with a price tag to match. There was a gorgeous Black Walnut dresser that I really fell hard for but we ended up not buying it only because it would not work in our room. It was well made and beautiful.

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaonline View Post
    N&S went bankrupt a couple of times in the last two years, and then Stickley bought their intellectual property.. It's now a division of Stickley..

IMHO, it's very high quality.... I think with tax, delivery and a 2% discount for paying cash, I was out about $3450... just four side chairs, though...

If you click on my member name, you might find the pictures I uploaded..
    Do you mind sharing where you purchased it from? I am still on the hunt for a table/chairs. I can get a Canadel locally, but I feel the price is a bit high, for what it is.

bubbaonline Guest

Verbargs in Cincinnati.. Just google the name for the website..

They also carry Canadel and Saloom in casual dining...

They have weblinks to almost all the brands they carry (including Hancock and Moore!)... If you can find a dealer near to you that carries Stickley, they most likely carry N&S, as well...

mikeSpeak Guest

I am fairly new to this and appreciate everybodys input. I realise now why I cant find tons of prices on N&S. It's because they went out of business, and the name Stickly is associated to the name.

If I understand correctly though, you wouldnt hesitate on their product because of their quality, evern though they are out of business?
    Also if anybody has good recommendation on furniture shippers to move the furniture if I land up buying it.

bubbaonline Guest

My wife and I have been looking at the furniture for ten years... The design and construction appears to be exactly the same as before... Instead of N&S making it in Massachusetts, Stickley is making it in New York.. Stickley is very high end furniture...

Don't know where you live, but I'd look for a nearby retailer, before I'd work on having it shipped. Shipping is good, if you can't get a good price, locally... or it just isn't available.. No substitute for sitting/looking directly at the piece.

regards,

Jazzy Guest

My mom & dad are going in to assisted living soon. They have a 60" round 1 3/4 " thick, Plymwood pine, distressed walnut finish American provincial style dining room set with 9 thumb-back chairs (hey, good Catholic family with 7 kids!). It has had a furniture pad on it for over 60 years and there is nary a scratch on it's surface! Trying to sell this set now is going to be difficult. Here is Arizona, no one wants to look at this style. It is such a shame no one in the family wants it. This furniture is sturdy to say the least! None of these chairs have had to be repaired. Seven, yes SEVEN kids. Thousands upon thousands of family dinners. So many memories. The best furniture!