I've been circling around a new couch decision for several (+?) years. One issue has been finding a couch size, style etc. in a brand I liked, and then there was the fabric selection which usually ended with me leaving the store overwhelmed and just not addressing the decision for 6 months or more and then starting all over again. I have a lot of trouble with decisions like this and have been cycling like this for awhile.

So here I am again. I am looking at fabrics from a reupholster where the selection is a little more limited. Part of me wants to go out and look at more because none is instant love, part of me knows I've had so much trouble deciding, its good my choices are limited.

I currently have two Greenhouse Fabric books that I'm trying to stay with. 1 with some chenille/tapestry fabrics with larger patterns and one with some basically solid low knap fuzzy 'chenille' fabric.

Book 405 Tapestry/chenille patterns: 79 rayon/21 Poly, medium duty, 12,000 cycle abrasion (and 70/30 for another pattern)
Book 387 Low nap solid - 73 rayon/27 poly Heavy duty, 30,000 cycle abrasion

Decision factors:
Durability I hate making these decisions, plus cost so I want it to last
-I'm usually the only person on my couch but I'm on it a lot! I only have one,
I'm older, on my own and yes, I like the idiot box.
I fear making a wrong -hate it- fabric decision. The money is a lot for me
and I don't want to be sorry.
I currently have cats (ferals I took in hoping to find a home hah!) so I need to stay
with something a little darker which is fine as I like darker, muted and feel it will
look nicer longer.

My couch is currently a 3 cushion (2 are T or L cushions with a square middle) small rolled arm, semi attached back, skirt. Exactly like the Taylor King Cotswald near as I can tell. I am thinking of switching to 2 cushions.
http://www.taylorking.com/details.ph...g&protype=SOFA

Currently I have a tapestry type fabric on it with a medallion pattern. I like it fine but its sort of intimidating to choose something with a lot of patter and color from a 8x8 or smaller swatch.

So...
1) what do you think of the rayon/poly in those proportions?
2) solid vs. pattern, will a solid show more wear? dirt/hair?
3) anyone know about Greenhouse? Fabrics are made in China...

Just FYI - having gone to the upholsters and coming here for help - I saw a link to TK in one of the threads and low and behold, here today I found my couch. Part of the reupholster decision was I couldn't find a couch in the same size/dimensions which I really like. So now once again I start thinking, Maybe I should buy - but a TK dealer is an hour away so....I need to break this cycle! My couch is a circa early 90s Pennsylvania House. Nothing too special I suppose but ok quality I hope to consider for reupholstery.
The ballpark quote I got was for around 2,000. That is supposed to include replacing my spring, down cushions with like material, basically a rebuild.
Should I re-evaluate the TK? Is it in that price range with a cushion upgrade, higher cost fabric, (inevitable isn't it, to like the most expensive)

Thank you,

Giesela