Thread: Leather and Pets

tadav Guest

Default Leather and Pets

I was just looking back at older post to see how pets do with leather. I have two Westies and a cat. Can People with pets reply and let me know how your leather has held up? Thanks

Default Re: Leather and Pets

We have a Westie and he flies from our H&M to our Leathercraft to our Bradington Young in the family room, and even gets on the Southwood damasks in the Living Room that he KNOWS he is not supposed to be on. No damage or issues whatsoever. Dogs generally do not bother leather furniture.

Cats are another thing entirely. When I hear of leather pieces being ruined by a pet, there is usually a cat involved.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

tadav Guest

Free Cat To Good Home...lol. not really, so cats will claw leather?

tadav Guest

We really like this sofa, the leather look of it and style. Which leather is it? What would the price of it be from your shop? http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1644
    Does it have a recliner to match?

In the upper right hand corner of the forum just below the store logo is a search box for the forum, and you can put in there 'cats' and read all about it!

That looks like Document Tobacco to me on that Member Apt Sofa. Sorry, I can't do quotes in the forum on H&M, but you can Private Message me with the leather grade and your city/state (please don't give me just a zip code as I have to go look them up) and I can get you pricing plus delivery fees.

There is not a Member series recliner per se, but a lot of folks use the Miller series to go with that model sofa.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

susie Guest

Shortly after we got our HM recliner (leather unknown, but it was a married cover), we got a new kitten, who promptly produced several deep scratches on the arm. I used the Leather Master Scratch corrector and got excellent results. If you know where the scratches are and look close, you will see them, but from 12" or more away, they are invisible.

BTW, I know this is controversial, but cats can be declawed--the earlier, the better.

I just sit down with the kitties and a nail clipper, once per week or so, and keep the claws dulled. It's not a perfect solution, but cats with rear claws can accidentally scratch surfaces (including scratching leather and snagging fabric) while jumping and playing and mine don't claw furniture. If they were inclined to claw furniture, first line of response is a warning hiss, second would be a spray bottle.