Thread: First post.... need help with long Torso!

luey123 Guest

Default First post.... need help with long Torso!

I am 6'5" and 250 so a chair has to be big to fit me but.... it's my torso. My chiropractor calls me torsoman! I need an extremely tall chair in the back height department. I'm shopping Hancock and Moore but as yet have only tried on two near enough me to see in the flesh. They were a Miller and a Soho. Both too short by at least several inches. Does anyone have a recomendation or ideas on a high back leather recliner. The zero grav chairs are out... I've tried them out.
    Thank you.

Default Re: First post.... need help with long Torso!

The 1021 Weymuth by Hancock & Moore is a huge, massive recliner that makes me feel small when I sit in it, and I am not a small man. That one will fit you easily as well as the 1044 Sadler.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

luey123 Guest

I am skeptical having compared all these measurements time and again. I have a 38" seat to top of head measurement. Very unusual as a 35 year salelady pointed out yesterday. I sit in these massive chairs and my periscope is fully deployed above highest point of the chair. I look at seat hgt to top measure on the chairs as a reference but its hard to compute when sinking in some as well. I would be thoroughly satisfied with half my head cushioned. H and M would customize for $500 but I can't risk that kind of investment sight unsat!
    ;O)

Sounds like you need to take a factory tour and go meet Jimmy Moore!
    Last edited by drcollie; 04-18-2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Duane Collie

luey123 Guest

I would be there in a heartbeat if it wasn't so far.... do you happen to know of any west coast or mountain area showrooms with a lot of their chairs in inventory? They have offered to customize... without me for a model it's probably pointless. H and M is not responding to my requests for suggestions nor a nearby dealers inquiries....

Name:  photo (10).JPG
Views: 608
Size:  125.5 KB

I don't know the dealers on the West Coast, sorry. There is a very large dealer in the Denver area, but I don't know the name of the store. H&M lists every authorized dealer in good standing on their web site, so you can find one that way if but call ahead to ask how many pieces they show. Some many only display two or three pieces and that's not going to be worth a trip.

Here's a photo of a yardstick in a 1044 Sadler that I have on my sales floor, definitely the tallest of (15) recliners I have in my store. Its a long ways from 38" ! I think you're going to have to go custom to get one to fully support the back of your head. They just don't make them that tall.
    Duane Collie

luey123 Guest

Hook me up with Jimmy.... I'm gone. Maybe someone there at the factory that enjoys a challenge would help if they were contacted by the right person... ;O)
    I think custom is probably the answer alright. There is a settling factor into the cushion of course and I'm gonna have to skootch down anyways some (that is what kills my neck, upper cervical issues from a lifetime of being a giraffe). If I got it made as high as the top of my head seated it would be in the 54 INCH RANGE ! ! Impossible in a recliner as I'd tip over backwards!! It aint easy being me....
    Thank you so much for the forum and input.

luey123 Guest

Nice chair BTW... what is that leather and color please? The 29 or 30" evident on the pic is a very tall back from the seat, comparatively. Your yardstick is more illustrative of that real measurement than using H and M's dimensions and substracting seat height from overall height. According to their stats, there should only be 23.25". So, I'm encouraged but have to quit using that method obviously.