Thread: Current Bradington Young Leathers

Default Current Bradington Young Leathers

What a mess! Bradington Young has overhauled their leathers big time. Many drops, and many grade changes. If you're thinking of a BY piece, this is the current leather line up and grade of leather. There effectively is no more GR 1 leathers, most were changed to Price Grade 2, and 2's became 3's, etc...

If its not on here, then its been dropped. Any leather series with a (*) on it have not yet been swatched to the dealers.

# 9390-87 - F is a Bycast leather. (GR 1). It's junk as are all bycasts - don't buy it.

Sorry, I should have scanned it before I marked it up for sample replacements!

Effective May 23, 2011:

Name:  scan0001.jpg
Views: 3094
Size:  192.7 KB
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

pittsburrito Guest

Default Re: Current Bradington Young Leathers

We just bought a B-Y sofa in their new #9049 leather. (The largest group of new B-Y leathers in the list above.)
    The name of the 9049 leather is "Stargo" and this is B-Y's official description of it: "Stargo offers a soft, silky hand with mild two tones that identify the characteristics of this type of leather. Visually, the features of Stargo along with the softness and drape exemplify the quality value of more expensive products in the market. It's refined patina characteristics are similar to a well worn pair of equestrian straps." It is grade 2 and finished/protected leather.

I thought I'd try to upload some photos of it, in case anyone wants to see #9049-83, so if someone can advise me on how to upload a photo here, I'll try to post some for you to see. (I've tried, but I can't figure out how to do it.)

We bought it from a dealer who had bought it from the B-Y showroom at this April's High Point furniture market. When drcollie heard the price, he recommended that we "grab it"--so we did! Thank you, Duane!

Pittsburrito

Photos are easy to post. Type your post as you normally would, then click on GO ADVANCED in the lower right corner. Then in the new window, scroll down to MANAGE ATTACHMENTS and them follow the prompts.

Glad you are happy with your new BY pieces, Pittburrito. When they buy a market showroom, I can't compete on price!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

pittsburrito Guest

These photos are just close-ups of the leather, rather than of the furniture piece. (I'll post the latter in the B-Y Resource Photos section later.) The first photo is of a 9049-83 leather cushion taken outdoors, and all the rest were taken under the florescent lights of the store. It hasn't been delivered yet, or I'd send you some in better lighting conditions, but hopefully you'll still be able to the gist of this new B-Y leather. The photo of the sofa's side shows the leather's color variation better than the other photos. The last photo shows why we felt we needed Protected leather.
    Pittsburrito
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmpphpSg718u.jpg 
Views:	572 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	2607   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmpphp7scObm.jpg 
Views:	561 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	2608   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ctmpphpJkhLZ1.jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	2609   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmpphp1IelsR.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	2610