Thread: How is Leathercraft Sold?

wintersummer Guest

Default How is Leathercraft Sold?

I'm looking for a bed (or headboard) done in leather. I've seen one I like on the Leathercraft website.

How is this product sold? I've looked at the website and can't find a link to places to buy. The website has telephone numbers to sales representatives, which appear to be individuals covering a variety of states as territories. Where do customers look at Leathercraft products? Is this product sold in stores and if so, how do I find a store?

Thanks!

Default Re: How is Leathercraft Sold?

Leathercraft is sold through authorized retailers, such as myself. The leather headboards are brand new, so I seriously doubt you will find one in any retail store - but you can call the Rep for your state and ask them if any dealers in their territory might have one.

Good luck!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

wintersummer Guest

Duane - Thanks! I've put a call in to the rep. I'm glad to hear you sell the headboards...might be buying something else from you.

I have a followup question: We are interested in the 816 bed, king size. We are concerned about the stability of the back. We want to be able to lean back to read in bed and have absolute stability of the back. We've seen some comparable type beds and there is considerable instability in the back. We do not want to mount the headboard to the wall, but would like the flexibility of moving the entire bed. Do you know this product and know if the headboard of the bed is stable?

I'm sorry, I have no hands-on experience with this product from Leathercraft. But looking at the photos, they do a complete rail system and as such it should be solid if you do the complete bed.

A headboard bolted to a metal frame will never have any rigidity, the mount is too low and a simple metal frame not rigid enough.
    Duane Collie

moparjer Guest

Just a sidebar; I emailed the listed Leathercraft rep for my area (Oregon) twice. He finally got back with me, only to say he no longer works for them. Yikes!

My experience with trying to find a store that carries Leathercraft:
    1) Phoned company HQ, told "We're closed, call tomorrow."
    2) Called next day, got sent from person to person.
    3) Asked where Leathercraft is sold in New Mexico. Reply, "I would have to look up too much stuff on the computer to tell you, I'll transfer you to someone else.
    4) The someone else gave me the phone number of the rep.
    5) Phoned the rep, never received a reply.

Attention Leathercraft! It's 2011, put a dealer search by zip code on your website. Every other company in America seems to be able to...

levitt11 Guest

Email them directly and voice your concerns above about no dealer by zip code on their website:

service@Leathercraft-furniture.com

It sometimes helps if you do so by email, rather than by phone, as then there is a record of your request.
    By phone sometimes you just get shuffled around.

Monique Guest

A few months back, I e-mailed Leathercraft asking to come by to see the show room. I rec'd a reply, sorry did not keep the e-mail, but we drove up and met with Staley Keener who happily showed us around to look at some pieces. He was quite helpful and customer oriented. My suggestion would be to call the company and ask to speak with him. We ended up buying Hancock and Moore so did not buy from Leathercraft. Hope this helps.

wintersummer Guest

Dianne - Sorry you had trouble. My experience with Leathercraft was positive. I called the representative (listed on the website) and he arranged to meet me at the Leathercraft company (with a showroom) in Hickory NC. Granted, it was easier because we live here in NC. Just like Monique, we're making our sofa purchases from Hancock and Moore. There's a chance we might purchase a headboard from Leathercraft - just not sure yet. We had questions about how to mount headboard and the Leathercraft people have provided good follow-up, both by phone and email, with suggestions.

A lot of companies, not just Leathercraft, are struggling these days. Many have slashed their customer and service staffs to bare bone minimums. Work loads on their office staff are huge. Councill furniture is down to only one person in the customer service staff, for example. That is why you do not see four star customer service or new features on web sites, etc. There is no extra money at many of these companies nor does that look like trend is going to reverse a any time soon.

Leathercraft stopped showing at Market because of the cost to do so, but they did manage to put out an all new catalog this year.
    Duane Collie