Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H&M Tavern Sofa

Default H&M Tavern Sofa

This is the new Hancock & Moore 5592 Tavern Sofa with Tiburon Chestnut leather, "A" Nail and Cannes Wood. We received it last week and were immediately impressed with the quality. The styling is spectacular with a lot of presence! The leather has an old-school sheen with a soft waxy hand. We were looking for a low back traditional piece with a twist and this is it! The seating is somewhat firm as expected with a tufted back and standard cushions. The position is upright and traditional with moderate depth, very similar to a Chesterfield. Although this is not a large sofa there is enough room for a 6-footer to lay, headed propped with a pillow on an arm for TV viewing. The low back doesn't block views and allows for easy 360 degree conversation.

Duane Collie is a pro and knows/loves leather furniture. As there are so many choices we would recommend making a decision on a color family before browsing leather samples. If you desire he can then make appropriate suggestions for the piece and room location. The final selection is yours to make. We would heartily recommend The Keeping Room. They are friendly and professional! Thanks Duane!

Note: The color is a deep lustrous chestnut brown. The bluish tones are reflections; colors are slightly washed out. Photography was with a small hand-held Canon PowerShot with no flash, hence a little blurry.

Last edited by Timber; 05-22-2011 at 11:34 PM.

smakim Guest

Default Re: H&M Tavern Sofa

Beautiful sofa! Congrats on your purchase.

Thanks! Here's a couple more pictures. The second picture (back-side) has a little less color washing/distortion and very little reflections from windows because it was taken at night. We had on every light in the room for all these pictures to avoid using a flash but the little Canon has limitations. In normal lighting the sofa looks very dark brown which is what we had hoped to get.

Last edited by Timber; 05-25-2011 at 02:00 AM.

MJM_CA Guest

Handsome sofa. Would love to get something like this when I redo my den.

aluebcke Guest

That is a beautiful sofa. How comfortable is it for TV viewing?

Tavern sofas are terrific. I happen to like the style of them and they sit very well for a mid-size piece. They are not really a lounging sofa however...the back is not real high on them.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I agree with Duane. This sofa does a 'wow factor' if the style fits the room. But if you're looking for a very comfy, lounging sofa this is probably not it. It sits upright; think Chesterfield. If is fine for laying down with a pillow in front of the TV.

Bryanatkinson Guest

Wow, it's the big beautiful guy.

From the picture, I think the color is purple. The blue reflection is truly charming.

edwinsmoz Guest

Nice sofa. It looks very well built and sturdy. I'm sure it will last a long time.

annaatkins Guest

I love this sofa. Too bad my home is rather small and with a minimalist decor...
    As much as I like that I can't help falling in love with some classical pieces of furniture from time to time.