Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: H&M Tavern Sofa

Default Re: H&M Tavern Sofa

The Tavern Sofa is really not all that big.....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

LynnO Guest

I LOVE the look of this sofa but wondering if it is comfortable. I own a Chesterfield and it's, well, not the most comfortable sofa I have. I am thinking of replacing it with the Tavern. SHOULD I???

The cushion seat Tavern Sofa (5592) will feel similar to a cushion seat Chesterfield. Both are upright and formal for lack of a better word. If your Chesterfield has a tufted seat it may feel firmer. My Tavern Sofa has the standard cushion; there is a softer cushion option (forgot the name).

It's not a big sofa but it's very heavy and sturdily constructed and looks like a quality piece when you see it in person.

"Comfort" is a relative thing. If you find your Chesterfield to be uncomfortable, lets assign that a "0" as a baseline. In my opinion, the Tavern would then be a "3". Better, but not great. A sofa like the Carmen or Yosemite would be a "6", and then a Journey or a Kodiak a "8" on the comfort scale. There is no '10', because when there is - no one will buy anything else <G>
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I've sat in cushion seat Chesterfields that are less comfortable than the cushion seat Tavern Sofa (5592). It may be because the back of the Tavern is a little higher and perhaps has more recline. But overall I'd say they are similar in feel. But that's just my subjective evaluation.

As discussed before the Tavern Sofa wouldn't be the sofa bought for sheer comfort. It has a style that fits certain design themes and is a great alternative to the more common Chesterfield. I'd buy it again.

Rafree1 Guest

I absolutely LOVE this sofa. I am wondering that chestnut does actually have a purple glint to it or if it's just the photo flash?

We were considering something more sink in comfortable like the Austin but, I'm not sure it will fit and I think this would. This is stunning! Maybe a deeper almost black coffee would work best for me but, I think this chestnut is gorgeous!

I've seen these in person and they aren't as "formal" as some people seem to think. I think this style IS classic and could work anywhere nearly. I love this thing!

There is no purple tint. That's just my camera flash or something. I agree it does have a classic look. Mine gets a lot of compliments. I haven't sat in an Austin so I can't comment on that comparison. In general I'd say this model Tavern Sofa is most similar seating to a chesterfield style sofa assuming it also has a cushion (not tufted) seat.

Rafree1 Guest

Oh, that's good to know because I added that color leather to my list of swatches I wanted! We're torn around here, as we both love this sofa and it's the right size for our room but, worried a wee bit about comfort. There are a few others we are considering. But this one has real style above and beyond. Simply stunning.

9. 04-17-2012

finetaste Guest

Best of luck to you...You picked a wonderful H & M sofa. I order the 1744 Chancellor sofa. It is similar to yours... So far the leather I order is out of stock. Still waiting for four months...Can not wait for my new H & M sofa to come!...Enjoy your new sofa.

Rachelle Guest

The rest of the furniture looks terrible compared with this! Why not spend some money on a new coffee table them?