Thread: Burnished leathers

mollyo Guest

Question Burnished leathers

I am considering a burnished leather for a chair and ottoman that would complement Columbia Butternut sofas. Any suggestions from the Hancock and Moore leathers? I was looking at Weston cane burnished and Buckingham walnut burnished.

Are there burnished leathers in the Bradington Young line? I like the varitilt chair model 548 with the matching ottoman. I like the look of the leather it is shown in on their website. I don't know if this is still available or if it would look right with the Columbia Butternut. Also anyone familiar with the comfort level of this particular chair compared to the Hancock and Moore Austin tilt models?

mfabian Guest

Default Re: Burnished leathers

What a coincidence. I am looking at the burnished leathers for a BY chocolate brn sectional which looks to be pretty similar to your butternut. I was thinking the buckingham walnut would look nice but not sure about the Weston cane since some of the pieces seem to have more of an orangey coloring to me. Imperial Whiskey is pretty but it looks like it could end up too dark. Duane suggested that the Plaza Honey Burnished could work nicely (the is a gr 5) and it does look very pretty worked up as an artists chair.

mfabian Guest

I have looked at more of the Weston cane pics and the coloring is all over the place which isnt helping in the decision process....

AZJoe Guest

I am by no means an expert but from talking to Duane I have learned that since burnishing is applied after the piece is built, by an artist there will always be variances.

This makes it appealing because it is a one off, unique piece but also scary if your looking for something super specific.

My Ottoman is a burnished hide and quite honestly I took a leap of faith. The sample I have is perfect but some of the pictures I have seen it looks way more orange then I would like. So we will see thus weekend.lol

Also keep in mind pictures distort things as well. Lighting, flash, etc.

I have seen a few Weston cane burnished pieces in person and loved them all.

mfabian Guest

I was a bit apprehensive about getting a leather bench with the leather sec (a lot of leather) but the look of the burnished hides is different and seems to add more interest to the pieces. The pics I have seen are lovely so I just need to decide.

AZJoe Guest

It can be extremely daunting.

I ended up choosing this for my ottoman.
    http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...-Burnished-GR3

The sample I had had a nice yellowish base color, with brown burnishing that damn near matched my sectional hide exactly. If it comes and it is close to that, I will be ecstatic. If it comes and it is orange, with no light-ish yellow tones, I am going to cry..haha

mfabian Guest

That is pretty and I am sure you won't be reduced to tears by your choice...