Thread: My Introduction

Zacdos Guest

Default My Introduction

Hi everyone I used to be at the Garden Web but now I've found my way over here. A little about myself: I live with 2 cats of Siamese type, love to ride and fix my mountain bike and I work full time and attend online school part time. I also do photography so I am able to use my art to fill my walls.

I studied interior design on my own by reading books and asking questions and was able to design my own kitchen and bathroom. I just bought a Royal Pedic mattress from Duane and was able to find a platform frame just yesterday for it. I decided to replace some of my thrift store pieces several years ago with so I have a few pieces from Lee, Harden and Drexel Heritage.
    My big dilemna is that I like light colored furniture and it is very hard to find unless I find a manufacturer who offers a wide array of finishes so consequently I have spent a lot of time looking on the internet for pieces of furniture. I am getting ready to do a bedroom redo with the anticipation of this mattress delivery. I hope to learn lots here about furniture and construction and design.

Julie

Hi Julie, and welcome! Its nice to see an intro and share with the rest of us what you like to do for fun and work.

I appreciate the order on the Royal Pedic and hope you will post your impressions on it (good or bad) after you've slept on it for a bit.

Forums are such a great source of information, don't hesitate to ask a question or request a source!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Hi Julie,
    If you're looking for light colored furniture you might want to try some of the Vermont manufacturers such as Copeland, Vermont Furniture Designs and Vermont Precision. Vermont seems to specialize in light wood finishes.