Hi! So glad I found this forum! At any rate, I recently 'inherited' an older H&M leather swivel rocker/recliner. From the time my parents first got this beast, it was absolutely impossible for most mere humans to get the foot rest part of the recliner to go down when you were ready to get up! My 6 foot 3 inch, 280 pound husband is the only one in the family who has ever been able to get out of this chair like a normal person! For most of the rest of us, after reclining with your feet up, you have to really push the footrest down with your legs as far as you can, then you have to be really quick and leap up out of the chair before the footrest kicks up again - then you have to turn around and push the footrest back in with your foot while standing. If you're not super quick, you better be fairly agile because you'll have to climb out of the chair while the foot rest is still up! (Not as easily said as done!) There is a 'lever' in the chair next to the seat cushion that you need to pull to 'release' the foot rest when you want to recline. For whatever reason, unless you're Superman (like my dear hubby!) this lever will not re-engage to lock the foot rest back down if you're still sitting in the chair! (but it does re-engage if you're out of the chair and give the footrest a hard push in with your foot - so it's not that the foot rest won't stay down ever, just that it won't stay down without acrobatics!) Other than this 'quirk' it is a comfortable chair, and still looks great (it didn't get a whole lot of use, since not everyone wanted to deal with the effort involved in getting out of the darn thing!) It is at least 12 to 15 years old and the style is not listed on the H&M website. (As I said earlier, it swivels a full 360 degrees and rocks in an upright position, then reclines with feet up and the back seems to adjust to however far back you want it to go. The only problem is the darn footrest! It seems to want to kick you back for getting out of the chair!) ANY suggestions about what can be done to fix this crazy thing?!

Any help is appreciated!

(FYI - It has been lubricated with WD40 multiple times over the years, but that has not improved the footrest problem in the least!)