Thread: Hancock and Moore Leather

brainsalad Guest

Default Hancock and Moore Leather

Hi,

I am sure glad to find this forum. Last week I saw a Hancock and Moore brand 1021 Recliner at a local furniture store on sale for $1400. It had a regular price of $3800! The sales person said it was a promotional deal where the store had to buy six of them.

A tag on the bottom of the chair stated it was covered in Rider Tobacco. Back at home, I could not find that leather on the Hancock and Moore website. Does anyone know about this leather? Also, is that a fair price in 2011?

Thank you so much

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Leather

"Rider" leather is a promotional hide that is carried by the sales reps to the dealers. It won't be on the leather list and won't be in the price books. I didn't buy it for my store because - quite honestly - I thought it looked a bit cheap n' cheesy. My standard of buying is if I won't have it in my home why would I expect you would buy it? So Rider didn't pass muster with me....there are better hides in the line.

$ 3,800 regular price? You should have asked if they just pulled that number out of their arse because its an insult to your intelligence as an educated consumer! $ 1,400 for a # 1021 is full hit retail. $ 999 would be a deal.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

brainsalad Guest

Thanks for the help. The only recliners this store had for $999 were made by Randall Allan. I checked them out online and their website says they are a Hancock and Moore partner and they even sport a Hickory, NC address. But, I read elsewhere, probably here, that they are 100% Chinese.

Randall Allen is 100 % made in China, and is a company wholly owned by Hancock and Moore, and it is serviced out of their customer service department in Hickory NC. I do not carry that product line.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.