Thread: Nail and Finish Options

puhmuckel Guest

Smile Nail and Finish Options

Just came back from Santa Clara to check out the Equestrian leather and I must say that I love love love it. I think I will go with the Chancellor sofa in Equestrian Claret. Maybe I should have become an interior designer, as the woman had absolutely no knowledge on the line they are selling, and could not advice me on trim and nail options.

Does each sofa come with a standard wood and nail trim ? Seems like all the nail trim is the same and looks very masculine and "Texas" to me. I see the picture you have posted of the Miller Recliner in Capri Claret and the nail heads appear to be in conflict with the overall piece.

How can I pick a nail that works best with the sofa and color without actually seeing it.

Does the company send you a leather swatch and some nails to compare and contrast ?

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by puhmuckel View Post
    Just came back from Santa Clara to check out the Equestrian leather and I must say that I love love love it. I think I will go with the Chancellor sofa in Equestrian Claret.

That will be a smashing combo on that sofa. Very classy.

Maybe I should have become an interior designer, as the woman had absolutely no knowledge on the line they are selling, and could not advice me on trim and nail options.

Why am I not surprised?

Does each sofa come with a standard wood and nail trim ?

Yes. Its in the price book. If your salesperson is clueless, just ask them for the retail price book and look the item up. It will have the standard finish and nail trim listed above the MSRP prices.

How can I pick a nail that works best with the sofa and color without actually seeing it.

How about some nail samples with the leathers? I'll get some to you.

Thank You
    My pleasure!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Odd I/O Guest

Just came back from Santa Clara to check out the Equestrian leather and I must say that I love love love it. I think I will go with the Chancellor sofa in Equestrian Claret. Maybe I should have become an interior designer, as the woman had absolutely no knowledge on the line they are selling, and could not advice me on trim and nail options.

Does each sofa come with a standard wood and nail trim ? Seems like all the nail trim is the same and looks very masculine and "Texas" to me. I see the picture you have posted of the Miller Recliner in Capri Claret and the nail heads appear to be in conflict with the overall piece.

Does the company send you a leather swatch and some nails to compare and contrast ?

Thank You
    puhmuckel, why did you choose to go with the Equestrian leather over all the other leathers offerred by Hancock and Moore? Did you have a chance to actually sit in the Chancellor? How comfortable was it? I'm about 5'11" and I'm wondering how high the low back of the sofa will come up to my back when I sit down. Hancock and Moore's website list the sofa height at 33" and a seat height of 21.5" making the back 11.5" tall which seems kind of short.

puhmuckel Guest

Default Choices

I visited 3 stores that sell H&M and I went through all the swatches several times. Duane had also send me some swatches, but none were as niece as the Equestrian leather. The Equestrian leather feels moore natural and less processed than many of the others excluding Antelope, which was also kind of nice. The colors were beautiful and I am so happy with this choice. I am sure that it will come out great and it is protected as well.

I am not getting a tufted sofa, so the actual back seat is 35 not 33.
    I am tall as well, and sat on several of the smaller sofas that were not comfortable at all. The most comfortable to me was the Tower sofa because I like the high arms. I actually lean against the arm and have my legs on the sofa. That is how I sit all the time. I also like that it sits higher off the ground as I am tall and do not want to bend down too low.

I did not sit on the actual sofa, but I just fell in love with it.
    The most comfortable sofa I sat on was the Austin High back, but it was just too ugly and does not fit with French Quarter living like the Chancellor does.

The Grainer (or chair) also looks very comfortable and looks not too bad.

Odd I/O Guest

Thanks for taking the time to respond puhmuckel.

I've actually was able to sit on the Tower sofa myself and agree with you, it felt pretty comfortable. Can you remember which of the smaller Hancock and Moore sofas you tried out and didn't like? Considering there are no stores anywhere that carry the entire Hancock and Moore line on the floor for you to try out I'd value your first-hand experience with pieces I'd probably won't be able to try myself.

Please post pictures of the sofa when you get it. I'm sure it'll look gorgeous. By the way is the Equestrian Claret leather red in colour? Does it look like this: http://hancockandmoore.com/product.asp?productid=868

That red is such a bold striking colour. I'm sure it'll be the centrepiece in any room!

puhmuckel Guest

Default Comfort

Yep, the one's I did not like were the Studio and the Metro Sofa. I felt as if those low sitting sofa's with the low back and the low armrest are mostly build for midgets. I wanted style and comfort and that is why I did not pick the most amazingly comfortable sofa ever, the Austin Highback.

I sat in the Donavan and it was pretty comfy as well, but the armrests were too low. I was also considering the Charter sofa but felt it was too common and bulky. And yes, the color I have picked is red.

Good luck!

Default Re: Choices

I visited 3 stores that sell H&M and I went through all the swatches several times. Duane had also send me some swatches, but none were as niece as the Equestrian leather. The Equestrian leather feels moore natural and less processed than many of the others excluding Antelope, which was also kind of nice. The colors were beautiful and I am so happy with this choice. I am sure that it will come out great and it is protected as well.

I am not getting a tufted sofa, so the actual back seat is 35 not 33.
    I am tall as well, and sat on several of the smaller sofas that were not comfortable at all. The most comfortable to me was the Tower sofa because I like the high arms. I actually lean against the arm and have my legs on the sofa. That is how I sit all the time. I also like that it sits higher off the ground as I am tall and do not want to bend down too low.

I did not sit on the actual sofa, but I just fell in love with it.
    The most comfortable sofa I sat on was the Austin High back, but it was just too ugly and does not fit with French Quarter living like the Chancellor does.

The Grainer (or chair) also looks very comfortable and looks not too bad.
    I totally agree with you about the Austin: it may be the most comfortable sofa in the entire line, but the back just reminds me of those "Italian leather" sofas from the 80s & 90S. Bustle back cushions aren't for everyone, I guess? Lol