Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Great Room Layout and Picture

Default Re: Great Room Layout and Picture

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Thanks for the info on the Duet's! I can't believe how washer and dryer technology has advanced since our last 'conventional' set.
    I own Duets as well. The only two things I've had go wrong over several years of use are that the gasket on the washer was somehow damaged (but remains fully functional and does not appear to be deteriorating at all) and a fuse blew on the dryer (well... in the dryer - I had to go to relatively extreme measures to change the fuse, which could not be reset - not a complicated job, but definitely time-consuming and awkward).

I'm pretty good at figuring out basic appliance repairs, and appliances tend to be pretty modular these days, so I remain disinclined to purchase extended warranties. Also, wow, check out how much information you can find online relating to diagnosing and repairing your appliances. Here's the site where I ordered my dryer fuse - the model they showed in their video had a fuse that was much easier to access, but with an exploded parts diagram the gist was about the same.

The one design complaint I have about my model is that the lint filter in the dryer is not well-designed, and it inevitably drops some lint into the dryer when it's being removed (usually a small piece, but sometimes a big chunk).
    Last edited by aaron; 01-02-2012 at 10:39 PM.

aluebcke Guest

Thanks Duane. I'll watch for the samples.

Name:  sample.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  120.3 KB

Here you go, Amanda. Just like I promised. These arrived today and I'll mail them to you this afternoon for approval. Look what a great job they did in the Burnishing department matching the Nile Croc to the Hand-Antiqued Saddle! I think you will be very pleased. I kept two small cuttings of your other CFA's that you can see flanking the new swatches. Looks better in person than the camera shot. Once again, H&M delivers (with a little help from yours truly)....and done at no additional charge.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

aluebcke Guest

Thanks Duane! I truly appreciate all your hard work on this, and H&M's willingness to do a custom blend for me (and at no additional charge)!!!

I'm sure I'll love it...the picture looks great, and I'm sure will look even better in person.

aluebcke Guest

Got the samples and the colors are perfect! The Nile Croc is a nice brown, with no orange tinting, and it looks great with the Hand Antiqued Saddle.

Thanks again for requesting the custom samples, Duane! And please thank H&M as well....really appreciate their willingness to do this for us. We're very happy to be able to do the ottomans in the Nile Croc (especially since it's my husband's favorite choice for the ottomans).

Duane, please go ahead with our order with only the following change: remove the pillows.

I approve the Equestrian Truffle on the sofas, Hand Antiqued Saddle on the chair, and Nile Croc Burnished/Hand Antiqued Saddle on the ottomans. Please complete the order as written, minus the pillows.

Let me know if you need this in a PM.

Thanks again!
    Amanda

I thought you would like that, Amanda. I'll pass the word to Melissa in the burnishing department that you liked the custom dye job, and send a fax to them today to put it all in production, less the pillows. No need to PM, we're good to go!
    Duane Collie

aluebcke Guest

Thanks!!! I've marked on my calendar the approximate delivery timing...I'm hoping there'll be no snow by mid-March, but who knows with Michigan.

finetaste Guest

Exclamation Re: Great Room Layout and Picture

Hello, This is the first time writing on here....Just order a Hancock & Moore leather sofa. The one I ordered is called 1744 Chancellor Sofa...I am waiting for a leather swatch to come before any cutting is approved. I order the sofa on Jan. 7th of this year. I was told when the swatch is to be mailed to me; I would be getting a call within a few days. I called today because I did not hear from the store I bought from. They told me today that H&M did not have the leather I ordered. And that I will have to wait at the end of February to get the swatch. Then it will take an extra week or two for the approval. By the time my new sofa comes it should be here by April. My question; does it take this long for a H&M sofa to be made?....I am so happy to have the pleasure to own my beautiful Hancock & Moore dream sofa....I have always wanted one and hate to wait so long....I guess as the saying goes: All good things don't come in a minute!

finetaste:

Sounds about normal to me.

If you requested a CFA (Cutting For Approval) it will slow your order down by 2 to 4 weeks. H&M will not begin production or even schedule it until you approve the leather. Is there a particular reason you requested a CFA? For the vast majority of customers, they are not really necessary unless you are trying to match or custom-color leathers. It will speed build time on your order considerably if you release the CFA requirement.

Typical Time Frame:

* You order with CFA on 01/07.
    * Leather is out of stock, told it will arrive late February (will probably arrive early to mid February)
    * Leather is pulled after being inspected to make sure it meets H&M's quality control. Enough hide for you project is pulled and set aside.
    * CFA is mailed to your selling dealer.
    * Selling dealer will mail the CFA to you or call you to come in.
    * If you don't approve the cutting - you select another leather. If you do approve, the dealer faxes in the release to begin production.
    * H&M generates a tag for production usually 3 to 5 days after the release fax.
    * 4 weeks build time once the production ticket is on the floor.
    * End of March when it leaves the plant and goes to the shipper - early April arrival at the store.

If you tell your dealer to release the CFA, the build ticket will automatically generate as soon at the leather arrives, and your piece will most likely complete in early March.
    Duane Collie

finetaste Guest

Thank you for putting things straight for me...You are so kind and very knowledgeable on fine leather furniture. So glad I ask my question to you. I enjoy reading what you write and I am learning so much from you. Thank you again my friend and I am happy to be part of this forum.