Thread: Lead time for Hancock and Moore?

susansbs Guest

Default Lead time for Hancock and Moore?

I am in the process of buying a lake house and need to start furnishing it starting from scratch. Not a stick of furniture since we are keeping our current home.

Background info: I placed an order for a Hancock and Moore at the end of March for a sofa, love seat, and recliner in March and still haven't received it. This is for our current home NOT our new one. It was VERY custom and complicated so I ordered it locally.

Fast forward to now--I need to furnish the new house and still would like to use H&M. But I'd like to order here online and would like to try to order something less complicated so it would arrive faster. What would be my lead time if I ordered a sofa and loveseat or two sofas in something less complicated?

I want something quality but I don't want to wait 4+ months. Is there some combo of leather and or style that I could use to cut some time off my wait time?

Default Re: Lead time for Hancock and Moore?

Build time in a regular manner is 5 to 6 weeks on in-stock leathers. Current leather inventory is around 70% of the hides. If the leather is out-of-stock, then wait times can add 1 to 8 weeks onto that number. There is no way to tell short of calling the factory on a given day to check on hides (sometimes we still lose the in-stock leather as there may be an order in the pipeline that hasn't been picked up on the computer inventory of hides). Its possible to ask for a Rush order at no extra charge (quality will not suffer) and it can then be made in as little time as 3 weeks.

If you customize a piece (any frame mod, etc), add 4 weeks.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

susansbs Guest

Default Re: Lead time for Hancock and Moore?

Thanks for the quick response--I'm trying to figure out which pieces I'm interested in. You'd think it would be easy starting with nothing....