Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H & M 4717 Sundance Just Arrived!!!

Cdirect Guest

Default H & M 4717 Sundance Just Arrived!!!

My 4717 Sundance in Equestrian Walnut Grade III just arrived!

I have had such a long journey for a leather sofa from ordering a sofa to come to find out the manufacter went out of business to losing a deposit with a major furniture comany due to liquidation on another sofa.

Looking forward to enjoying this sofa for may many years. This thing is built like a tank. I felt sorry for the movers, looked like they were nearly about to pass out!

- Chris
    Phoenix, AZ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Couch 011.jpg 
Views:	986 
Size:	195.3 KB 
ID:	2701   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Couch 012.jpg 
Views:	914 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	2702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Couch 014.jpg 
Views:	898 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	2703  

Nancy Altadonna Long Guest

Default Re: H & M 4717 Sundance Just Arrived!!!

You sure made a beautiful choice! What a gorgeous sofa!!! I think we may consider the Sundance and we like your color choice!

Very nice! That's the 110" model, correct? Yes, that's a 300 pounder....we call those 'heartbreakers' in the business, because they are so hard to deliver.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

varmatheone Guest

looks amazing. nice color too.

I am looking for something similar (in Phoenix). where did you buy it and for how much?

Thanks!

AZJoe Guest

very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by varmatheone View Post
    looks amazing. nice color too.

I am looking for something similar (in Phoenix). where did you buy it and for how much?

Thanks!
    Fwiw I am in the phoenix area and bought this same sofa in sectional form, from duane (drcollie). Went smooth as can be, and I'd easily recommend him to anyone.
    The level of customer support and attention to me as a customer was top notch, and price was good lets just leave it at that.

Locally I think you were limited to Baker these days.

Ps.I have a thread in the leather section chronicling my entire process from picking it out to delivery, you may find some helpful info in there.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 07-18-2011 at 10:46 AM.

aluebcke Guest

I'm in the Michigan area...but Duane's pricing is better than anything I found locally. And Duane is the most knowledgeable about H&M and leather....the local stores did not have much info (and even gave me wrong information...I don't think on purpose...probably just not informed).

Cdirect....if you happen to see this note, can you please measure the inside depth on your sofa? We sat in the smaller 4616, and the outer cushions have a 24" depth....while the center one was 23". This was fine for us....but it would be nice to know if the 4717 depth is even smaller in the middle. Probably won't change our decision, but would be good to know.

Your sofa looks beautiful! Now I can't wait to order mine....wish it were easier to pick the leather color. That's where I'm stuck now.

Cdirect Guest

Nancy - Thank you, you can not go wrong with the sundance model. I hope to take better quality pics, as the pics I took with my i-phone do not do the color justice.

Duane - Yes it is the 110" model. I can't imagine having to move the Settlement sofa.

Varmatheone - I can't give you an accurate price because I was lucky enough to be at the right place and the right time. The sofa I purchased was intended to be a floor model at Robb and Stucky but never made it due to the liquidiation. The sofa was then given to a vendor on the east coast at a huge discount and I was able to obtain it from the vendor at half the cost.

Aluebcke -I measured the inside depth and it is the same 24" on the outer and 23" in the inner. I am really enjoying the 95" inside width. I almost have to raise my voice to speak to someone sitting on the other side of the couch. You can fit 4 people very comfortably on this sofa.

aluebcke Guest

Cdirect...thank you so much for measuring!!! That's very reassuring on the depth.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it.....maybe the long length will encourage people not to talk during movies (which seems to be hereditary in my family).

Amanda

Cdirect Guest

I wanted to post an update to show potential H & M buyers who are considering down cushions (Including back) how the sofa will look after the 6 week break in period.

I have had the sofa for about 8 weeks now and noticed the comfort level increase during the break in period. When I get up from the sofa, you do see a little pooling, but the cushions seem to re-adjust themselves. It never looks messy to the point where you feel the urge to fluff them.

If you scroll up to my initial post (First day I received the sofa) you can see the difference between brand new and after the break in period.

- Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	2804  

murrayboxer Guest

AZJOE...any chance I can see a pic of your sundance sectional...i am debating between that and a campaign sectional.