Thread: Suggestions and pricing

wibblylee Guest

Default Suggestions and pricing

Hello,
    After reading postings from GardenWeb and this forum, we were really impressed by all the positive attributes of the H&M products, and are now looking at possibly purchasing some pieces. Specifically, we are looking at a sofa, loveseat, and maybe two recliners or chairs. Although we have not seen a H&M product in person yet, we saw a few on-line where the style appealed to us: the Campaign, City, and Lawrence sofas. We need the sofas and chairs to be comfortable for our family (none of us are tall and range in height from 5'-3" to 5'-11").

Are there any other styles that would work for us? And what would the pricing be like?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by wibblylee View Post
    Hello,
    After reading postings from GardenWeb and this forum, we were really impressed by all the positive attributes of the H&M products, and are now looking at possibly purchasing some pieces. Specifically, we are looking at a sofa, loveseat, and maybe two recliners or chairs. Although we have not seen a H&M product in person yet, we saw a few on-line where the style appealed to us: the Campaign, City, and Lawrence sofas. We need the sofas and chairs to be comfortable for our family (none of us are tall and range in height from 5'-3" to 5'-11").

Are there any other styles that would work for us? And what would the pricing be like?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Stephen
    Hi Stephen,

A good place to start looking is to download and print out the TOWN AND COUNTRY promotion at the top of this forum which is on a "stickey". Its in Excel spreadsheet format and those are the best price/value items in the line. With the spreadsheet printed out, you can browse the H&M Website and see the various frames as you look at the prices and hides available.

Once you come off that promotional price list, prices will increase. Without having a specific hide glass its hard to say how much, but as a very round approximation take the lowest T&C price you see on a frame and add $ 1,000 on a sofa to make it in an off-the-handle Class I leather hide (they increase in price by class, up to Class 5).

The three frames you are looking at are all mainstream pieces, and should be suitable.

The # 9840 City is the only one of the three in the Town and Country collection and is $ 1,994 + shipping in the Married Cover hide of Cavalier Henna or Cavalier Mocha.

# 1306 Campaign runs $ 2,520 + shipping in a Grade I hide
    # 1283 Lawrence runs $ 3,290 + shipping in a Grade I hide

You can call H&M at 828-495-8235 for a list of dealers near you. If there are no dealers - or you prefer to mail order shop, I can get leather samples to you once I know what color and type of leather (lifestyle) you are seeking.

Good luck!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

wibblylee Guest

Thanks Duane for the explanation. We finally made it to a local dealer, but they only had one set of H&M chairs on display. They were the Conrad chair/recliner. I have to say we were impressed by how comfortable the chairs were. I did not ask to have the chairs priced out, but was given a rough range of $3K per chair (for a basic chair with grade 2 leather). Is this reasonable?

I also wanted to ask if you knew of any similar chairs that are in the Town & Country program. And also if there is a website where I can view the various leather colors/types. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks Duane for the explanation. We finally made it to a local dealer, but they only had one set of H&M chairs on display. They were the Conrad chair/recliner. I have to say we were impressed by how comfortable the chairs were. I did not ask to have the chairs priced out, but was given a rough range of $3K per chair (for a basic chair with grade 2 leather). Is this reasonable?

I also wanted to ask if you knew of any similar chairs that are in the Town & Country program. And also if there is a website where I can view the various leather colors/types. Thanks again for your help.
    There is really nothing in the T&C group that crosses over into the Conrad series per se, its a rather unique chair with the hardwood arms and so forth. If you've downloaded the T&C price list off the forum, you can match those model numbers up in the H&M website and see what's available in the whole line-up.

H&M doesn't put leathers up on the web intentionally as there is too much color variance from actual piece to your monitor color accuracy, its pretty much necessary to see them in person. I mail out swatches for those that can't make it to a store easily.

On the 7070 Conrad Lounger (recliner) I sell for $ 2,240 in Grade II leather
    The # 4366 Conrad Chair is $ 1,652 in Grade II leather. Shipping and / or home delivery is additional, quotes based on where you live.
    Duane Collie

wibblylee Guest

Hi Duane,

Just took a look at the update 2009 T&C list. Would you mind providing me with me costs for the following items (Statement Lounger 7053, Ashtone Lounger 7060, Restoration Sofa 4275, Metro Sofa 4390, and Bixby Glider 4808G) with a Grade II leather? Unfortunately, we are looking for leather that is lighter in color than the ones on the T&C program, so I assume the pricing will be more than on the list. Also what would shipping costs be to Oakland, CA? Thanks again for your help and Happy New Year!

wibblylee Guest

Duane,

I was able to visit a local dealer that had the City Sofa and Loveseat in stock. Both my wife and I really liked the size (and seating depth etc....) and are looking to price these two items out. I did download the '09 T&C list, but wanted to verify that those are the prices assuming we stick w/Cavalier Mocha or Henna. Also wanted to see if you could provide shipping pricing info (to Oakland, California).
    Thanks,
    Stephen

Duane,

I was able to visit a local dealer that had the City Sofa and Loveseat in stock. Both my wife and I really liked the size (and seating depth etc....) and are looking to price these two items out. I did download the '09 T&C list, but wanted to verify that those are the prices assuming we stick w/Cavalier Mocha or Henna. Also wanted to see if you could provide shipping pricing info (to Oakland, California).
    Thanks,
    Stephen
    Stephen,

I think you sent an email on these items and I priced them out to you there, in various grades. Let me know if you didn't get it.....

Thanks!
    Duane Collie