Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comfort of H&M Utah sofa

susansbs Guest

Default Comfort of H&M Utah sofa

I really like the look of this sofa and am wondering if anyone has actually tried it out.

I'm down to about 3 choices of sofa styles for the living area and this is the current front runner.

After that there is the game room to contend with.....

Default Re: Comfort of H&M Utah sofa

That Utah Sofa is huge. It's not only 111" Long but its 46" deep and of course has a 'conversation' curve to it. I've sat on this a few times at market and thought it sits quite well to how I like a sofa to sit. But I would never floor this as its just too large for most homes. Know too, that you need a 36" wide door and straight shot hallway all the way to the area where this will be used. This one doesn't go around corners very well. I have market photos of the Utah from at least the last two markets here on the forum under "Trade and Industry News".
    Last edited by drcollie; 07-29-2011 at 12:24 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

susansbs Guest

The room it would go in is huge and it is a straight shot from the front door to the living room. The straight shot is wide enough but I'm not sure about how wide the door is. I need to measure the door today. The door looks big enough but I really can't tell.

I know that most people think small and cozy when I say lake house but I have to furnish 4,600+ sq ft . The game room and the living room are quite large and open.

Do you deliver the Utah to Texas? Or is this sofa too big to ship that far.

Susan

We can ship anywhere! The Utah is big and bulky, but not as difficult to deliver as the Rodeo Power Station that weighs 150 lbs more. As long as your door is 36" wide we're good to go!
    Duane Collie

susansbs Guest

Ok, so I measured the door and it is 39" wide so that works. I have the extra wide "straight shot" hallway. And I have about 192" width in the room to play with. Actually the room is wider than that, but I need to leave some of the room open for access.

The rooms' length is more than double the width so that's a non issue.

Question About the Utah--Is the tufted back less comfortable than the plain back? I like the looks of the tufted but I value comfort in a sofa because I really want to relax in this house.

Interestingly enough, the Rodeo Power Station was one of the other two that I am considering. It isn't as pretty but it looked comfortable and practical for a lake home--I like the built ins. Has anyone ordered one of these yet? Is it comfortable?

Thanks
    Susan

You are good to go, then. Everything in the H&M line will fit through a 36" doorway.

Tufted backs are always firmer than cushion backs. Doesn't mean its less comfortable, just more supportive. I actually prefer them in a sofa and my wife and I have tight backs in our home. No right or wrong on that one, just what you like....

The Rodeo Power Station is a game day dream. I have yet to sell one because of price (its one of the more costly sofas), but linger on them at the High Point Market at H&M's showroom. In a Burished Leather or Plaza Honey, it would be the ultimate media / theatre sofa.
    Duane Collie

susansbs Guest

Thanks for the info.

I tried to find Plaza Honey on the H&M website but didn't see it shown under leather. Is it a new color?

I guess I need to start looking at samples--I'm thinking I a leather that is protected like Antelope...I want to start the order process soon.

Odd that it's not on the site, as Plaza Honey is a current leather and there are pieces being in it currently.

Build times are 6 weeks on in stock leathers and another 2.5 transit time. And that is as quick as they usually come! So orders in August usually arrive at your home in November. About 70 % of orders fall into that range and customs or CFA's add a month to those times.

Very few hides in H&M are fully protected and worth having...I personally think a lot of folks focus to much on that aspect and it severely limits their choices. Every leather in my my family room is unprotected with no dire consequences. Family of four with a dog and we just use it without pampering it.
    Duane Collie

I'd definitely second Duane's comments about considering "unprotected" leathers. I have a lot of H&M furniture - all in unprotected leathers - and the only issue I've had has been with the suedes, specifically Sonoma. Otherwise they've held up well. As an example, the other day I spilled some jelly on Deerskin Caramel (as unprotected and naked as leather gets) and it wiped off without staining. That's not to say that there aren't substances that will stain the unprotected leathers, but they just aren't as fragile as a silk or similar type fabrics. I feel that the better look and feel of a more natural leather substantially outweighs any risks of staining (especially as most stains will work out of the leather and fade over time).

I've also noticed that H&M's site is missing several current leathers. It seems to be mainly certain colors of existing lines of leathers, as far as I can tell.

susansbs Guest

I really like the Utah sofa in the April 2011 market. I just don't think it can be improved upon.

I don't think I'm going to need samples--this is the couch of my dreams for a lake house.

Is this consider a "normal" order--how long does it take?

How do I order? I've never bought furniture online...

I know you're on vacation, but when you return can you contact me?

Thanks,

Susan