Thread: Need Advice on Some Brands Rarely Mentioned Here

UncleGuy Guest

Default Need Advice on Some Brands Rarely Mentioned Here

I cannot afford Hancock and Moore. And I'm not ashamed to admit it, even as lovely as those pieces are. I am, however, interested in the following for a possible choice as a Living Room Sofa. Considering mostly a Reclining / Motion Sofa -- not so much a Sleeper (due to horror stories about poor seating comfort).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated -- good or bad!

Classic Leather -- Kenilworh Reclining Sofa

McNeilly Furniture -- 8685-IS1 Reclining Sofa
    ...the above two are being considered because they have removable cushions, and will allow me to use a unique air mattress setup by Endura-Ease in a pinch when those unexpected relatives drop by for a visit.

Coja "Aurora" -- this one I found online and I like the looks! Hidden recliner mechanism. Doesn't look like a set of recliners squashed together, nor a Home Theater setup. I've never heard of them, however. I'm not sure if the cushions are removable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	is.aspx.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	2717

Bradington Young -- 713-95 Stationary Sofa. I fell in love with this one when I saw the color. Not a reclining unit. But I cannot find the leather color listed that is shown in their online photo: http://www.bradington-young.com/prod...0&style=713-95

Name:	071395_988768.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	2716

If it's discontinued, this one may be out.

Finally, Natuzzi A861 -- says "Also available in Motion" but I've not found one on the Web:

Name:	NatuzziA861_2.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	2718

Thoughts? Ideas of others I could be missing? Thanks!

Default Re: Need Advice on Some Brands Rarely Mentioned Here

Its pretty difficult to do a compare and contrast on specific pieces unless one spends the time to go chase them all down in person. I certainly cannot do it nor is it likely that anyone else here have will have done it. The most you can usually get is a general opinion of a makers products bases on ownership experience.

Leathers change like fashion. Manufactuer's will not reshoot a photo when the leather drops, so that is why you will not see the leather listed in the web photo or be able to find it available in many instances.

As a rule, I do not like slleep sofas at all and am not a huge fan of built-in recliner sofas either. As the pieces age with use the recliner ends get used and worn while themiddle loks brand new!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

l would go with Bradington Young over those other brands. Just my barely-informed opinion.

organic_smallhome Guest

In my opinion: Bradington-Young above all the others. I think I remember hearing some good things about Classic Leather. But I'd steer clear of Natuzzi. Never heard of McNeilly or Coja.

UncleGuy Guest

Thanks for the responses! I've never heard of most of these. Classic seems to have a decent reputation. I could not discover anything about Coja -- the concern there was sinuos springs, whereas, everyone else listed was offering 8-way hand-tied.

Anyway, after mulling things over, I went a different route -- with fabric sofa and swivel rockers from Sherrill Furniture / MotionCraft. Bradington Young and Leathercraft still have a place on my "Wish List". Maybe I can get an accent chair of some kind for the Guest Bedroom...