Hello Gentlemen:

I am looking for a new, high quality recliner and seek advice from the learned knowledge of the members of this forum.

I have spent some time on the computer for tips on brand name recliners before noticing this site. To clarify by "high end", I mean the brand name manufacturers that are commonly found in stores and not a speciality, custom furniture maker).

Some of the recurring names I have seen on the web are: Hancock and Moore, Hickory White, Henderson, E J Victor, Stickley, and Century. Out of these manufacturers, can anyone provide me with a "pecking order"?

I work in New York City and I see a nearby store, American Home By Safavieh, that provides the Hancock and Moore and a couple of the other names listed above. The recliners depicted in the website look elegant and appear substantial. I particularly like the Saunders recliner by Hancock and Moore. I believe one of the forum members here has used or dealt with this company and recommends them.

Primarily, I am interested in a leather recliner.

Any information, along with an estimated price quote on what I may be paying, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you