Mr Collie, thank you in advance for providing such a great forum. many of my questions have been answered by just reading the posts, however I do have a specific question. I recently sat in, and subsequently fell in love with a Sterling high leg recliner at a local high end Sarasota Fl dealer. I do not like the colour that they offer and they only have the one on the floor, so I am going to have to look elsewhere. We want to keep it relatively affordable so the T& C program seems to be the way to go. We like Document Sable, which although not the venerable T&C document chestnut, is still in the T&C program. I have made some inquiries into pricing from some other dealers, notably Lenoir and Lexington and while they don't always have the Sterling (1003), they have the Addison (1023) or the Alexander (1005). Looking at these pieces on the h& m web site, it appears to me they are the same, except for some small decorator touches, is this true? Based on the dimension, it appears they are the same base chair with identical height and depth of seating. Are there any notable differences that would make the sitting experience different between the three models?
We are also looking at a sofa and like the looks of the austin high back (8138nb). Now it gets difficult. I haven't been able to find the Austin sofa on the floor at any of the local dealers and i am afraid to order something that I haven't sat in. The local dealer had an austin chair, but not the highback and we didn't care for that as much as sitting in the Sterling. The lady we were working with suggested the austin HB because she said it is the one that most closly approximates the sitting experience of the Sterling. So some questions: if I could find an Austin HB chair to sit in locally (8136nb), would that give us a good indication of what the sofa would be like. There is one about an hours drive form where we live, (chair only not the sofa). And IS the Austin similar in the "sit' of the Sterling? Finally what is your current shipping price to Sarasota Fl on 2 chairs and the sofa? All things involved while I might be able to save a few dollars on buying form one of the above mentioned distributors, I would feel more comfortable dealing with you and your reputation for quailty service. Thank you, Al Massa