Love this forum, been lurking and learning for a while now.

My wife and I have been to a lot of stores lately to check out sofas and chairs... not surprisingly most do not fit the bill for whatever reason. An exception is this Henredon sofa

http://www.henredon.com/collectionde...21&img=H2000_C

We love the looks, it is very comfortable, deep cushions (which we've gotten used to and find hard to give up) and from what I could tell decent quality for $2500 or so. Clean and somewhat contemporary, in my view at least.

Now the bad: I'm not thrilled with their fabrics, but I am REALLY not thrilled with it being made in China. I am also surprised Henredon states essentially nothing about their quality/construction methods on their website, making it tough to know if it is well made, just in another country, or decently made and will not last.

If I could find something that looks pretty much identical, with good fabric choices, made in the US and made the right way, for under 3k retail I would love to hear about it. Taylor King ticks a lot of those boxes but I only have 1 dealer even remotely close to me and they are a very small store with not much selection.

Thoughts on Henredon's sofa quality since moving manufacturing to China? Any opinions on other US based manufacturers to seek out? Thanks in advance.