Thread: Sun Delivery Excellent Once Again 9/2/11 !!!!!

levitt11 Guest

Default Sun Delivery Excellent Once Again 9/2/11 !!!!!

Sun Delivery did it again!!!

Another excellent delivery today with my furniture - delayed since Mon/Tue due to the hurricane - but hey - weather happens Was re-scheduled, and Sun kept in touch with me, making sure I knew when they were going to re-deliver.

The two gentlemen whom showed up today were fabulous - we had a contingency plan ready to go, just in case the furniture did not fit through the front door, of course it did not. And, they rolled with our plan - it went around to the backyard and they worked with our sliding glass door - taking off the handle and another piece - in order to widen it a little - to allow the Austin Tilt Back Chair to come thru - and the City Sofa as well.

The men were both excellent - they touched up a few spots on the legs - and we are happy as can be - everything is perfect - and I must say Duane - that Austin Tilt Back Chair - heaven - simply heaven to sit in that - and shoulda ordered two of them - instead of the sofa - to heck with anyone else having some place to sit <lol>. That chair is simply awesome !!!

Duane, you have been fabulous as well, through all the highs and lows of working through all this, and my nervousness of a long distance order - you held strong <lol>. Kudo's to you as well. Anyone thinking of ordering from Duane's store long distance, I say go for it - and just bear with your nervousness - it pays off in the long run - you just have to control the "jitters" if you are like me - and having a home renovation going on at the same time - painters here - and trying to schedule everything at the same time to happen

Thank you Duane for all of your help through all of this, and thank you for using Sun Delivery Service, they are more than excellent !!!!

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: Sun Delivery Excellent Once Again 9/2/11 !!!!!

What?!?! No photos?!?!?!

levitt11 Guest

Gosh, give me a chance <lol>.....we are still getting things together here....painter's have been here all week....they just left today....I have barely had a chance to breathe...literally...but I'll get pics up as soon as I can...I'm surprised I'm still awake and walking, talking right now

But the furniture is beautiful, I'm thrilled with it...hubby is relaxing in the chair as I type this...he deserves it after we got the wall units moved back it and got them leveled out...it's been a long day...been up since 6am...

levitt11 Guest

Okay, got them backwards <lol>....as you will see Still tired this morning...been up since 6am, sigh.

Okay, finally uploaded the pics - first is the City Sofa, in Oxford Blood Cavalier with the nail trim to match the other piece

Next is the Austin Austin High Back Tilt Chair with the Ottoman, in Oxford Blood Cavalier with nail trim. do not mind the wall colors, the pics do not really show the true color that was just painted, didn't have time to do adjustments to the pics for color, we are going to change the carpet to a deep navy that we picked out, and the drapes will be changed as well. The walls are a color called Reliable White (Sherwin Williams) where the sofa sits, and Lightweight Beige on the other walls. It goes well with the furniture and with our wood pieces in the room - we are quite happy with the over all look of everything as we begin to move pieces back into the room. Yes, we are putting up new baseboards <lol> - they were ugly brown woodgrain - and we took them out - and will be putting up new white ones.

organic_smallhome Guest

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing--you must be thrilled.

That chair looks REALLY comfortable.

levitt11 Guest

That chair is so comfortable - we cannot decide whom should be sitting it it <lol>.....we decided while hubby is at work, I shall be sitting in it, when he comes home, I have to remove myself from it <smile>.

Oh, note the ball feet on that chair and ottoman, I'm looking for 4" diameter round spiked plastic caster's to put underneath of these pieces of furniture in order not to crush the carpet. I'm having trouble finding them, at least for a decent price without paying up to $17 each with shipping included. I have the smaller sizes for my table legs, but cannot find the plastic spiked one's in this size anywhere locally - and online a place called "HomeFitItParts" wants $17 each for these. I find that a little outrageous, as the actual cost of them is $10.99, I wouldn't mind paying that, if they would ship them all together, for one set shipping fee. But gosh, $5.99 to ship each one <eek>. So if anyone knows where these are available elsewhere, I would certainly appreciate the information.

We are slowly putting the room back together, but are approaching it with care. I think the majority of the items that were in this room are not going back in. We already purchased another table, as our 35"x35" square table doesn't work, so today we went and purchased a new table for next to that chair. Less seems to be the answer now with this furniture.

Glad the furniture arrived in good stead and you like it! Thanks for making the trip to my store, I know it was a drive.

I think the nail trim REALLY adds to the City Sofa. Makes it look more finished than it usually comes.

Sun Delivery is the best of the blanket carriers that I have found. While hauling furniture is an imprecise business, they do it better and more efficiently than their competitors and are more of a "YES" company than a 'no' one.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.