Thread: Going to see this Hancock & Moore couch/chair on craigslist, need advice

jgmom Guest

Default Going to see this Hancock & Moore couch/chair on craigslist, need advice

I am going to check out a couch, chair and otttoman I saw adverstised on Craigslist. The ad says the cushions are detachable for easy cleaning and no signs of fading, scratching, or signs of wear. The owner said it has been lightly used as it was in the living room that was not used very much. The owner does not know how old the furniture is but she said she does know it was $4400 new. I am attaching the link to see photos. Can anyone offer me tips or advice on what I should be looking for when I go to check it out or what type or style the set is.

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/fuo/2593496873.html

Thank you.

bubbaonline Guest

Default Re: Going to see this Hancock & Moore couch/chair on craigslist, need advice

Wow..

I'll be amazed if that is actually Hancock and Moore..

Matthew Guest

Default Re: Going to see this Hancock & Moore couch/chair on craigslist, need advice

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaonline View Post
    Wow..

I'll be amazed if that is actually Hancock and Moore..
    Agreed. I'm certainly not an expert but that doesn't even closely resemble any H&M model I'm aware of.

jgmom Guest

I just got back from looking and it had a Hancock and Moore label under the cushion. Thoughts?

That is seriously old, and seriously worn out in the cushions. The style is seriously dated as well. Still, it's cheap!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

jgmom Guest

Thank you for the replies!