Duane,

I am glad I found your site. It is very informative and helpful. I know nothing about furniture but I do like doing some research before a I make any significant purchase. Our cloth sectional with recliners wore out (flexsteel) after 11 years and we are going to purchase two leather sofas for our family room. (We found no one liked sitting in the corner of the sectional.)

My wife and I want to purchase sofas with recliners that will last at least 10 to 15 years. I use the sofa quite a bit to sleep on because i often fall asleep late at night on the sofa while watching televsion after a long day at work. Thus, I am looking for a sofa that can accomodate long term use in that regard.

I have narrowed my choices to Hancock and Moore and Bradington Young. Today, I reviewed a couple of stores for comparison. The Hankcock and Moore sofas were around ,$3,200 a piece plus a 10% manufacturers discount for the month of September. The Bradington and Young sofa we liked was a 601 model for $1,300. However, I am a bit concerned about whether the double row of stitching on the seat cushions will hold up over time given my intended use. I can appreciate and believe one gets what one pays for but at this price discrepancy I can buy another Bradington and Young for the same price I can pay for one Hancock and Moore leather sofa.

Duane, what is your recommendation given my proposed use and the price differences? I am also interested in getting a quote from you. I am going to buy two sofas within the next day or so.

Thanks for your help and terrific forum.