Thread: Suggestions for Motion and Non-Motion

mrsscochran Guest

Default Suggestions for Motion and Non-Motion

Duane,

I know you're not a fan of reclining sofas but I really want one. I'm wondering if there is any new product on the market today that you would recommend. If not, I need to buy a regular new sofa. My husband is getting impatient with me so I need to get this done.

I want to buy H&M but I'm open to other manufactures you like. I'm not a fan of ottomans. The sofa would sit against the wall in our family room. The sofa would primarily be used by me and my husband. I'm 5'4 and he's 5'8. I'm replacing a 15 year old Austin High Back. This sofa was great to lay on to watch TV so I've been trying to evaluate sofas on the H&M website based on dimensions. The styles I like (but have never sit on) are Tower, Campaign, Rachel. I want to move away from the big cushion look.

Could you make a couple suggestions for us for both scenarios of motion and no motion?

Thanks, Stephanie

Default Re: Suggestions for Motion and Non-Motion

If I were going to buy a recliner sofa today I'd buy either the Hancock and Moore unit or Leathercraft. They use high-quality components in their builds as you know from having owned one before. Keep in mind that any reclining sofa has to sit out from the back wall appx 15" to be able to use the reclining function. If it has to go flush to the back wall, or tight to it, then you want an Incliner unit. These have fixed rear backs that slightly shift during the opening of the unit, but the back does not recliner. Basically the foot rest comes up, the back shifts, and you oget a recliner function without the lean back. Bad news is the Incliner is an Austin series from H&M (which you've already owned) and that's about the only one I can find. So the big questions if going with a motion sofa is 'how far off the wall can you tolerate it?"
    Last edited by drcollie; 09-26-2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.