Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shopping for a leather sectional

ldematte Guest

Default Re: Shopping for a leather sectional

I saw a sofa made up in a local store in Ryan Moss. In my opinion, it was really lovely- a very even colored, soft green. I don't recall it as 'shiny' at all. I don't remember the name of the frame it was on, however, it was definitely a tight-backed sofa which may have influenced the color/shininess of the piece.

Hope this helpful! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofadoo View Post
    Great thanks for all the replies!

We do like a little bit of a distressed look but it sounds like an entire sectional in Sedona wouldn't be a good idea (especially with our dog). In fact the Pecos might even scratch a bit too easily for our taste.

Tiburon sounds wonderful but now that I know it's glossy I guess I can take it off the list.
    Weston sounds great too. I like the idea of a thicker leather to help reduce any puddling.
    Also still curious about Ryan.

Duane, you PM'd that you sent me an Old English Moss swatch- really looking forward to seeing it in person but I couldn't find it on the H&M website. Are you sure it's still available?
    Could I trouble you for one more shipment of these samples?
    Weston Mink
    Weston Moss
    Ryan Moss
    (edit) Tiburon Moss
    Yikes! That one slipped by me. Old English is gone....that sample was mailed out yesterday, you can just toss it when it arrives (they may still have some left, however). Let me get those others in the mail to you today.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Sofadoo Guest

Ok, if it's not too late could you throw just one more sample in there? The Tuscany Moss?

Since H&M is closed until next week, I'll send you my store swatches and drop the packet off at the Post office on the way home tonight. That way you'll get them much quicker. Return them if you can, please!
    Duane Collie

Sofadoo Guest

Since H&M is closed until next week, I'll send you my store swatches and drop the packet off at the Post office on the way home tonight. That way you'll get them much quicker. Return them if you can, please!
    You have my word! I will be returning all of the swatches I have as soon as we make a decision, and I'm confident we will be able to do that with this next batch...

I saw a sofa made up in a local store in Ryan Moss. In my opinion, it was really lovely- a very even colored, soft green. I don't recall it as 'shiny' at all. I don't remember the name of the frame it was on, however, it was definitely a tight-backed sofa which may have influenced the color/shininess of the piece.

Hope this helpful! Good luck.
    It is helpful. We've kinda been leaning away from leathers that are "even colored" so we'll keep this in mind when looking at the Ryan sample. Features like that are much easier to notice when you're looking at an entire piece vs. just a swatch.

Sofadoo Guest

We received the Old English Moss sample in the mail today and well Duane, you nailed it. This is exactly the style we want and the color is also spot on.

Could you please check with the people at H&M and see if there're any hides left (fingers crossed)??

Do I know my leathers or do I know my leathers? <g>

They have a little bit of English Moss at H&M, but not nearly enough for your project. The Leather Buyer is going to call the tannery and see if its still available, and if it is - we can bring some in. Stand by...should hear back in 24 hours or so.
    Duane Collie

Sofadoo Guest

We received the other batch of samples and I'm surprised to see how different each leather is. They’re all very nice really…

Weston Moss: Kinda reminds me of the Pecos. Distressed look with a high sheen. Slight pull up. Color is like a pine green.

Weston Mink: Hard to believe this is the same leather as the Weston Moss. Low sheen, doesn’t show scratches as easily. No noticeable pull up effect. Very soft with kind of a rubbery smoothness. Nice dark olive color

Tuscany Moss: Medium sheen, heavy pull up. Shows every scratch but can be rubbed out with little effort. Color is espresso brown but lightens up considerably when stretched.

Ryan Moss: Low sheen but slick feel. No noticeable pull up effect. Color is dark olive with a hint of gold, really nice color- probably ideal for our livingroom. Not much texture/wrinkles etc. on this sample maybe due to sanding during the tanning process??

Still waiting to hear back on availability of Old English Moss....

Remember that at least half of all swatches are made from scrap that is not used in production - piece near the edge of the hide, flawed leathers, etc. When you see differences in a series, its often because one piece is prime, the other scrap!

Weston is rich and luxurious, Tuscany designed to show 'lived-in', and Ryan does stay pretty smooth.
    Duane Collie

Name:  leather.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  130.1 KB

Old English Moss is gone and the supplier has no remaining stock. Sorry! One other leather to look at is a new one, but its a fairly naked leather and might be too green. Its called Native Dark Green and it is dead flat on sheen, feels great. No protection on it to speak of. Dealer samples not yet available on this (sssshh!! I'm not supposed to have this one). Here's a photo.
    Duane Collie