Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Shopping for a leather sectional

Sofadoo Guest

Default Re: Shopping for a leather sectional

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120410_183858.jpg 
Views:	459 
Size:	179.4 KB 
ID:	3605   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120410_184209.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	3606  

Sofadoo Guest

Default Re: Shopping for a leather sectional

Arrrgh - I had to use my cell phone camera for those pics. As soon as I find my “good” camera, which is actually just an average camera, I’ll post some better shots to the photo gallery section.

The sectional is very well made with all of the quality you would expect from Hancock and Moore. All of our other furniture is going to have to catch up now... especially in the corner by the woodstove where we have an old Ikea lounge chair. I’m thinking of a nice recliner or if we have room, a tilt back + ottoman.

Unfortunately for me the new sofa isn’t all that comfortable. I wanted more of a lounge feel and I don’t think the seat is deep enough. When sitting upright I feel like I can too easily pop right out of my seat if I need to. I measured the inside seat depth and while this measurement can vary depending on how the cushions are set, I did get a reading of 1.5” less than the piece was spec’d at. This falls within H&M’s tolerance of +/- 2” in their specified measurements. I guess I was a bit unlucky here because the piece could be a full 3” bigger in the seat in my opinion. I contacted Duane about this and he suggested I give the cushions a chance to break in, which might take about 4 weeks.
    On the plus side my wife says it’s comfortable.

The leather (Ryan Moss) is very high quality and actually much softer than what I remember of the sample. To be honest though, I’m not sure I like the overall feel of it. I was expecting at least a little texture with the surface grain being rated at 4 and it’s VERY smooth. It’s described as a distressed leather, but I’d say it has a very refined look (aside from maybe the fat wrinkles). It’s also a bit glossier than I had hoped.

In the past few months I’ve read many stories of people ordering furniture sight unseen and being very happy with the end result. With the way the high end furniture market is these days i.e. so few models actually displayed in stores, this might still be a chance worth taking- but it is a gamble.