I'll post up photos later on on some specific pieces, most all will be Hancock and Moore, Taylor King, Councill and Jessica Charles.

Comments:

* There is so much crap at market. The same row after row after row of stuff from China and Indonesia that all looks alike and all is price point driven. Its crazy. I gave up going down every aisle after awhile because it was so repetitive.

* Leathercraft had a miserable little booth. They proudly showed me their new power motion units and when I ran them back, noticed they hobby-horsed at the stop point. They said "Isn't that a great chair?" I replied, "No, its not. What's with all this flex and back and forth motion after the unit has stopped? You need some re-design in the mechanism or some way to dampen this. Its no good, who is going to pay thousands of dollars for this and have it do....THAT?" I was very disappointed by their showing and their booth. I think they have lost their way in sales/design/style.

* JlTreharn, whom I have been a dealer with for nearly 26 years now, had some fantastic new pieces. They've really been hard at work with new designs in wood pieces and I bought out half the showroom. I'm excited to see what they did and get the new items in the store.

Southwood Furniture. Ugh. I've been a dealer with them since 1988. Uninspiring pieces, colors, dowdy old showroom, obselete catalog and miserable web site. I didn't see a think I liked in there but the peanut butter cookies were pretty good. I'm going to drop the line and clear out my floor models at 20% off as soon as I get back in the store.

Bradington Young. Some new high end leathers....FINALLY !! They will be coming out with a Grade 5 hide. They looked good. They're getting back into power reclining sofas again and for the first time ever they have actually made some that don't suck.

Councill: They have some woods that are just stunning. Big ticket builder, but if you can afford it the pieces are real eye candy. I bought a pair of side tables on deal, but that was all that was in my inventory budget for them.

Taylor King/Jessica Charles: Both really rolled out some nice new frames this market, and the big news is a fabric called Cryton, that everyone is showing this year. Stainproof Polyester, the next evolutionary step beyond microfibers. Everything - even black magic marker - comes off with just soap and water. I did order a Jessica Charles piece in it - I want to test that fabric when it lands.

Hancock & Moore: I love going to H&M's showroom - it feels like home. Lots of new stuff, I'll post up photos over the next few days. Some of the new leathers are WAY - WAY out there, so not a whole lot of excitement on that front.

Stay tuned for more!