Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad news for one of my custom cabinentmakers

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: Bad news for one of my custom cabinentmakers

Any updates on this situation?

John dropped me a note this morning, her employer has heard from Jessica this week and she's doing OK, but very tired. No word on a resolution, apparently the kidnappers believe that the longer they hold her hostage, the more money they will get. They have not yet even specified a dollar amount for her release as they seem to have some difficulty in determining in deciding amount to demand.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

harland Guest

Just heard the good news on the radio this morning - looks like the Navy SEALs were successful in rescuing Jessica and her Danish coworker.

http://us.cnn.com/2012/01/25/world/a...html?hpt=hp_t3

Sofadoo Guest

Wow, I was just listening to a report from the BBC about this. Great news!!

I was just blown away when I turned on the radio this morning and heard that Jessica Buchanan had been rescued by Navy Seal Team 6 - same guys that got Bin Laden. I was glued to the news this morning (and late to work!) trying to listen to all the details. I don't know anything more than is being reported, but tried to call John on Monday to get some order status updates and he didn't return my call - so I'm confident someone was going on at that time. Interestingly I heard that President Obama called John personally to tell him "Your Daughter is coming home" right after last night's State of the Union speech. I know that John will most likely be on an airplane today to be reunited with her. I'll get all the details, but not for a few weeks until this all calms down and he's had a chance to spend some time with his family.

And Nancy, if you're reading this - thank you for your patience on your table. I know we are way past our promised delivery date and you've been very understanding.

A shout out to Navy Seal Team 6. Any of you guys that were in on this rescue and killing Bin Laden - come see me when you need a leather recliner (they are based out of Norfolk VA). You're going to get a hellva deal on one. Strong work
    Last edited by drcollie; 01-25-2012 at 05:53 PM.
    Duane Collie

Quick update, I just spoke with John and his daughter is safe and in good health at a US Military base north of Somalia. He got to speak with her for about 1 minute last night after the rescue. John is here in Washington DC right now preparing to fly out to go meet here with his other adult children - probably somewhere in Europe is where they will re-unite. Told me he didn't sleep a wink after getting a phone call from President Obama last night at 10:30 p.m. He's tired, but happy.

NEWS ORGANIZATIONS: PLEASE DO NOT CALL MY STORE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR CONTACT PHONE NUMBERS FOR JOHN BUCHANAN. I WILL NOT SUPPLY ANY MORE INFORMATION THAN IS LISTED HERE AND YOUR CALLS WILL BE MET WITH "NO COMMENT".
    Last edited by drcollie; 01-25-2012 at 05:55 PM.
    Duane Collie

Dr_jitsu Guest

Awesome! I just read about it too:http://news.yahoo.com/navy-seals-res...-abc-news.html

meferro815 Guest

They have been rescued! Praise God! The news has just been released that the Navy Seals have rescued Jessica Buchanan!

lishaana Guest

I've been at work in the hospital all day and just happened to pass a patient room and heard "somali hostage" and "rescue" and knew it had to be Jessica... So happy that this ordeal is over. The ABC news story made reference to Jessica being ill but no details were provided. Hopefully she'll recover soon! I have been following the story closely online (Mainly via Somali report)

nancy

organic_smallhome Guest

I JUST HEARD ABOUT THIS!!!! FANTASTIC NEWS!!!! I had no idea what Obama was talking about last night in the SOTU address, when he congratulated Leon P. NOW I KNOW!!! The U.S. SEAL teams are incredible. Just incredible. Such HAPPY news!