Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bad news for one of my custom cabinentmakers

Default Re: Bad news for one of my custom cabinentmakers

Yes it is! I spent half the day fending off news organizations calling my store so they can find John and put a camera on him. Most traced my relationship to John from this forum post (shows up in Google). While I can appreciate the newsworthiness of it all, I don't feel right in giving out his phone number and when ABC News wanted to come to my store today and interview me personally about it all - well, no way that was happening. I think as soon as John and Jessica show up back in the States they will be inundated with media requests to go on camera.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

erinate Guest

Like many in this forum, I followed the news throughout the day. If you are interested, their is a terrfic organization that deserves support.

Navy Seals Foundation is the organization that supports the families of Navy Seals.

Donations Large or Small can be made through their website.

http://www.nswfoundation.org

Based in Virginia Beach, VA.

The Navy Seals plaque that was made by seals on the base is one of the best items hanging on my office wall.

A daily reminder of the sacrifices made by these men.

levitt11 Guest

Go Navy Seals !!!!!

Great job they did in rescuing both Jessica Buchanan and Poul Hagen Thisted; both deserve to go home to their families.

Duane, good job on keeping mum to the press, not everyone would do so - thumbs up !!!

The calls keep coming in from news media to my store for more on how to reach John & Jessica - seems everyone wants them on their news show. I can't even imagine how they are going to be descended upon once they return to the USA. I don't say much to the news media on the phone - because its not my story to tell, and long after this all blows over I'll still have John's furniture in my store and value a good working relationship with him so I don't want to overstep my boundries. I'll give the news media John's email address and but not his contact phone numbers. He can then pick and choose whom to reply to as he sees fit.

Heard this from one of my friends:

Navy Seals - Whom the Marines get when they dial 911.
    Duane Collie

spbell Guest

Finally...a happy ending!

I spoke to John at length for quite some time today, now that the ordeal is over. Jessica and her husband are here in the USA nicely tucked away from the media (which is hounding them relentlessly) in an undisclosed location trying to get 'normalized' once again to regular life. She had quite a brutal experience in her 93 days of capture - and I'm not going to reveal the details because it was between John and I on the specifics - old friend to old friend. I think ya'll will eventually hear about the experience, but now is not the time and I won't be the one to tell the story. Suffice to say that all aspects of the US Government acted professionally and cared very much about her, and you can be proud of not only the Navy Seal Team that did the mission, but the FBI that worked tirelessly behind the scenes on behalf of the Buchanan family. This could have turned out a lot worse than it did. I think its worth noting that our government takes the life of even one U.S. Citizen importantly and we truly do live in the greatest country on earth.

John is back to work in his shop as of Monday and will have several of the orders that have been delayed ready in the next 4 to 6 weeks.
    Duane Collie

aluebcke Guest

Thank god for a good outcome! It brings me to tears to think about (especially since I have a daughter). We'll keep Jessica and her family in our prayers.