Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock and Moore Sundance Sofa and Chair recommendation

kittyc Guest

Default Hancock and Moore Sundance Sofa and Chair recommendation

HI Duane,
    First of all thank you for all of the great info! I was considering Bradington Young and knew after coming to this forum and reading everyone's experiences had better look at Hancock and Moore. Yesterday went to a local store and saw the Sundance Series for Hancock and Moore, WOW... It is simply beautiful. The H/M website as you say does not show the beauty of this line. I also sat on the Carmen sofa which I thought was very nice too, but not nearly as comfortable. It sat stiff, whereas the Sundance sat very comfortably. I have never sat on such a comfortable sofa!
    In saying this, a couple of recommendations please.
    We are building a home with a large great room, approx. 22x22. I am thinking the two 84" Sundance sofas in an L- with the larger Sundance chair (the 45") on the side, with a large oval coffee glass/wood table and two round end tables. This room will have an open floor from the kitchen so the furniture will be floating. Another option would be the Sundance sectional. I think though I really prefer the two sofas/chair configuration- do you think this is the optimal layout?
    Also I saw Columbia taupe which is really pretty- but I also like what is shown on the H/M website for the Sundance 4715/4706 chair and ottoman. Do you know what leather this is? It is really striking.
    Thanks so much Duane. I would like quotes for whatever you recommend.

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Sundance Sofa and Chair recommendation

Hi Kitty,

Glad you are getting some useful info off the forum. Yes, the Sundance series is all about style, and its been quite a good seller since it rolled out a few years ago. Look for a loveseat model to be introduced around the first of the year.

I like your comments on comfort...Sundance vs Carmen. See, I prefer the Carmen - as I like a firmer sitting sofa! This is why I'm always hesitant to reply with a recommendation as to what's 'most comfortable' (and its probably the # 1 asked question). Because there is no right answer to that, as shown my my preference for the Carmen and yours for the Sundance. Everyone likes something a little different.....

I can't really say what an optimal layout would be without studying your floor plan, just too many factors come into play (TV location, if any), windows, doors, etc. But if you do have a copy of the floor plan and a scanner, post it here and lets take a look.

That leather on the website photo of the 4715 looks to be Columbia Butternut, a GR 1. It could also be Lucas Tobacco, a GR 2.

Best thing to do is to PM me with your name and address, and a list of 8 to 12 leathers you'd like samples for - then let me get those to you. Once you have a leather selected and I can help you look at the floor plan, we can pick frame types and sizes. If you know what you want, however - just PM me with your CITY/STATE/ZIP and the frame numbers, and I can quote them up with the shipping costs.

Thanks
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

kittyc Guest

Thanks so much Duane! Glad to hear they are coming out w/ a loveseat too- that was actually my first choice to go w/ the sofa so that may work too. I will get you over that floorplan and come up with some other leather colors for sample options. I really appreciate your help!

If you want to get a Sundance Loveseat before the 'official' rollout first of the year, just let me know and I'm pretty confident we can have one made up (non-custom) so you don't have to wait until January.
    Duane Collie

Rachelle Guest

HI! Do you have ANY pictures of anything in Columbia Taupe. i just ordered the Sundance (custom size) in it and would like to see it...in anything.

All photos are posted here in the sub-forums.
    Duane Collie

Rachelle Guest

Yes, I didnt see any. I was wondering if you could post one or if someone else could?

Rachelle Guest

How do the back on the cushions stay on with the Sundance? Nothing? Zipper? Velcro?

Industrial strength velcro.
    Duane Collie

Rachelle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kittyc View Post
    HI Duane,
    First of all thank you for all of the great info! I was considering Bradington Young and knew after coming to this forum and reading everyone's experiences had better look at Hancock and Moore. Yesterday went to a local store and saw the Sundance Series for Hancock and Moore, WOW... It is simply beautiful. The H/M website as you say does not show the beauty of this line. I also sat on the Carmen sofa which I thought was very nice too, but not nearly as comfortable. It sat stiff, whereas the Sundance sat very comfortably. I have never sat on such a comfortable sofa!
    In saying this, a couple of recommendations please.
    We are building a home with a large great room, approx. 22x22. I am thinking the two 84" Sundance sofas in an L- with the larger Sundance chair (the 45") on the side, with a large oval coffee glass/wood table and two round end tables. This room will have an open floor from the kitchen so the furniture will be floating. Another option would be the Sundance sectional. I think though I really prefer the two sofas/chair configuration- do you think this is the optimal layout?
    Also I saw Columbia taupe which is really pretty- but I also like what is shown on the H/M website for the Sundance 4715/4706 chair and ottoman. Do you know what leather this is? It is really striking.
    Thanks so much Duane. I would like quotes for whatever you recommend.
    I ordered the Columbia Taupe but never saw it. You said it is really pretty huh?? I have been waiting for my sofa for 4 months!