Thread: Randall Allen?

Judyg951 Guest

Default Randall Allen?

Randall Allen was recommended to me as a step up from B-Y, but a little less than H&M even though according to a local salesman it's a division of H&M. Any word on their quality?

Cdirect Guest

Default Re: Randall Allen?

I was interested in a Randall Allen sofa at one point and did some research. It is a division of H&M where this line of furniture is manufactured out of China vs. the H&M line manufactured here in the US.

I was told that the build process and quality is the same standard as H&M, but you are limited to H&M grade 1 leathers in limited colors. The tradeoff is an affordable starting price point.

I live in AZ and could find only one store that just started carrying the Randall Allen line. At the time, the store did not have any Randall Allen sofas, just recliners. The recliners felt sturdy but when I touched the grade 1 leather it felt very thin and waxy. This turned me away from Randall Allen.

I would strongly suggest you go to a showroom and try one out if you can before you purchase. Also be aware of the lead time to get the sofa if you do purchase. If there is no stock in the US be prepared to wait anywhere from 1-3 months.

Judyg951 Guest

Thank you!! it doesn't sound like something I might be interested in then.
    Last edited by Judyg951; 10-31-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Correct, Randall Allen is 100 % made in China to H&M specs. Its shown adjacent to the H&M showroom at Market. I don't give it a second look, nor do I with any furniture made in China, Vietnam, Indonesia, the Philippines, etc. There are plenty of stores that sell it, I'm not one of them.

When a sales rep comes into my store to show me a line the very first question I ask is "What's the country of origin?" If he/she says 'China' I say 'don't even bother to get your book out'. Part of that is quality, some of it is total lack of replacement parts, but mostly it because I think we need to keep jobs here in the USA and not keep contributing to China's economy.

We have THE BEST furniture makers there are, with the highest quality standards. Its almost always a superior product.

Name:  US-Flag-5.gif
Views: 769
Size:  11.4 KB
    Last edited by drcollie; 10-31-2011 at 10:10 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Judyg951 Guest

Now the salesman wants me to come and look at a Randall Allen sectional that he says he can sell me for 5k. I told him that I am not interested in furniture made in China. I am probably going to go and look, but only because I want to find out what leather is on the H&M sectional that we both really loved.

Oh and I think I insulted a salesperson from another store as I told her that her markup was to high!! Oh well.